Defective H20-600

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
I received a call from DirecTV. Apparently the H20-600 has a design flaw? They verified my home address and made sure I had a 600. (I have 2 H20's). They are sending me a new receiver via Fedex which should be here in 2 to 5 days.

Has anyone heard of these defaults? I'm wondering which model they are going to send me. They did ask if I had an OTA antenna attached so maybe I will get the H21 which does not have OTA capability?

I was told the same ,back when I was having problems with mine. What exactly I was told was overheating, and lockups. But I never really had it long enough to find out that stuff, I forced a software download that was harmful ,and that kill my first H-20. But when D* sent me a replacement ,they still sent an H20-600. So I guess they weren't that worried about it.

There are some original components of the H20-600 that may shorten the life of the IRD. The components are being replaced at the repair facility, and the good retrofitted boxes are denoted by an "ECO 2.0" label on the bottom of the receiver.

I received a call from DirecTV. Apparently the H20-600 has a design flaw? They verified my home address and made sure I had a 600. (I have 2 H20's). They are sending me a new receiver via Fedex which should be here in 2 to 5 days.

Has anyone heard of these defaults? I'm wondering which model they are going to send me. They did ask if I had an OTA antenna attached so maybe I will get the H21 which does not have OTA capability?

It probably will be a h21.

They are right these boxes are junk I bet i have replaced over 100

H21 arrived yesterday. Everything seems to be going well except that now the black box doesn't match all the silver components I have. Oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts