Defective SD Box ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just tried that, Chip, and still had to go thru the same process - switch back to #1, then back to number 6 (HDMI2) - but then the DirecTV signal always comes back. I was able to 960 program the remote to try to get the TV input button to work - which it at lease displays the settings now, BUT I cannot get it to MOVE off of the HDMI2 setting?

switched it from HDMI2 to HDMI1. Same issue. I also contacted Hannspree by email. I tried programming another remote to that TV and the TV input also pops up when clicked on the remote - but for some reason it also will NOT allow me to MOVE/CHANGE the setting ....

Is this D* service going thru any boxes that came with the camper/ RV ?

If so, take it out of the built in set up and see if that doesn't clear up your issues .... I know some of the RV's have boxes that say Sat/Cable in, but my experience is that they don't work as it runs thru some electronics and that messes with the set up.
Whenever I get into a new/ different RV, I normally run all new coax and connections and decide where to place the recvr ... usually in the basement works best as the cabinet next to most TV's will over heat in the summer.

I would leave the OTA antenna set up with that power pack in the RV and run that to the back of the TV and run the D* in via HDMI and then just change inputs when needed.

Jimbo, the destination travel trailer has 2 satellite in connections on the outside. I have the 2 connection splitter right out there. Inside, each Directv box is connected with a short coax to 1 of the 2 cable outputs embedded in the camper at each tv location (main room and bedroom), The other coax connection, which comes in from the HD antenna on top of the unit goes directly to the TV. The Hisense TV that came with the camper (and is at the main location) is working fine, while my Hannspree tv in the bedroom is having this issue. I had an SD box in the bedroom b/4, but now have the H24-200 box and it works well ONCE I re-select an input source each time I power it on and it says "no signal" via the HDMI1 it is now set to. Again, I have to use the TV controller to select any other input source, whether an actual connection or not, and then re-select the HdMI1 - and then the DIrectv signal comes right up. I believe all the wiring and internal camper connections are working fine. I think it may be an issue within the TV, AND I was wondering why the DIrectv remote will not LET me select a CHANGE in the input source when the TV Input button is clicked - even tho it does DISPLAY all of the Input Sources available.

Jimbo, the destination travel trailer has 2 satellite in connections on the outside. I have the 2 connection splitter right out there. Inside, each Directv box is connected with a short coax to 1 of the 2 cable outputs embedded in the camper at each tv location (main room and bedroom), The other coax connection, which comes in from the HD antenna on top of the unit goes directly to the TV. The Hisense TV that came with the camper (and is at the main location) is working fine, while my Hannspree tv in the bedroom is having this issue. I had an SD box in the bedroom b/4, but now have the H24-200 box and it works well ONCE I re-select an input source each time I power it on and it says "no signal" via the HDMI1 it is now set to. Again, I have to use the TV controller to select any other input source, whether an actual connection or not, and then re-select the HdMI1 - and then the DIrectv signal comes right up. I believe all the wiring and internal camper connections are working fine. I think it may be an issue within the TV, AND I was wondering why the DIrectv remote will not LET me select a CHANGE in the input source when the TV Input button is clicked - even tho it does DISPLAY all of the Input Sources available.
Thanks for the break down, now I have a better idea what your doing ...

I didn't know that you had them working previously ... my experience with RV's is that the outside feed goes into a "media box and that often times is the issue.

Heres an obvious question, have you been able to find the correct codes for the D* remote to work your TV ?
Often times there are more than one and while one of them may work for you, it might be another one that also allows the input button to work.
Have you tried them all , or is this a box that sets up the remote automatically ?

Reactions: dcavaiani
Jimbo., I did the auto setup of the remote (and I also tried the RF remote from the other main TV which had the same tv input display shown but the "no change" of tv input issue). Each remote works fine with the on/off, and volume, etc., just that the TV input displays BUT cannot select a different source. Thank you much! I might try all the different codes to see if that might correct it, but could it just be something in the TV itself? I have emailed Hannspree support hoping to get some response ...

Walmart has them for like $10-$20.

If your thinking Rat Shack, try $40. Although I miss the place, they ran themselves out of business selling over priced accessories.

Radio Shack was great to have before you could order stuff on the internet, because it was the only place to find a lot of stuff - and even if other places have modulators if you went to Radio Shack and asked where they were they'd actually know what you were talking about. If you know what you want it is a lot easier to place an order on your butt than get in your car, even if they had stuff at the same price as online.

eBay is basically a Radio Shack the size of 10,000 city blocks, but with everything in alphabetical order so if you don't know what you're looking for you're SOL! :biggrin

As I am troubleshooting this 2nd replacement HD which I just received, I find that this no signal issue may actually have something to do with the Hannspree TV? I have a coax connected from the camper antenna connected directly to the TV, I have an HDMI from the TV to the DirecTV HD box. When I turn on the TV which is set to HDMI input, I get the NO signal. If I switch to the TV input, I get a picture from the camper antenna. THEN, if I switch BACK to the HDMI input, IT WORKS!

No signal is a function of the Tv, not the Directv box

Jimbo., I did the auto setup of the remote (and I also tried the RF remote from the other main TV which had the same tv input display shown but the "no change" of tv input issue). Each remote works fine with the on/off, and volume, etc., just that the TV input displays BUT cannot select a different source. Thank you much! I might try all the different codes to see if that might correct it, but could it just be something in the TV itself? I have emailed Hannspree support hoping to get some response ...
It could be ...
Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts