Delivery to USA - Best Way

thewillager

Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I have a DSR500 that needs to be upgraded. Cathy is going to have the replacement unit sent to her and she will send it on to me. When KUSAT sent the original unit, I received a rather large bill from UPS for brokerage services.
Has anyone any experience with using FedEx or the postal system rather than UPS?

Pete

I have always used USPS to send stuff to Canada and Canadian Post for stuff sent to me from Canada. I have never run into any extra fees.

I have always used USPS to send stuff to Canada and Canadian Post for stuff sent to me from Canada. I have never run into any extra fees.

I got dinged $5 once doing this. Zippo other times - a far cry from the UPS ripoff

BTW - some who have already been upgraded got the new Motorola/SC URC 550 remote which includes the new "Aspect" function

I agree...

NO to UPS ever for cross boarder shipments! Fedex includes brokerage in the price. USPS is okay but you can not track shipments.

SatboyZ

What is the "Aspect" function?

There are 4 modes: Normal, Zoom, Stretch & LetterBox supported by Version .34 firmware and up

To work properly, receiver output must match your set (720p or 1080i setting, not Native) and 4:3 override set to either 480i or 480p

UPS is the worst to use for cross border shipments. I learned this after the fact. Since I'm in Canada, I don't know if Canada Post charges extra to the States, but when I order anything from the US, I get it shipped via USPS or FedEX ONLY. UPS ends up at least $20 more due to their cross border charges (and it takes longer to get than the other methods).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)