Descriptive audio assist(Netflix)

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Does anyone know how to turn the voice over audio descriptions off? This would be on the Hopper or the Joey. Currently, it’s on the Joey 3. Of course, the Netflix site is useless, so possibly Dish can give them the update for their website?

When you select a Netflix program you have a menu:
Resume
Play from beginning
Episodes & More
Audio & Subtitles
Add to my List
Rate this Title

Select Audio & Subtitles
Make sure Audio Description is unchecked and English (Original) is checked.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When you select a Netflix program you have a menu:
Resume
Play from beginning
Episodes & More
Audio & Subtitles
Add to my List
Rate this Title

Select Audio & Subtitles
Make sure Audio Description is unchecked and English (Original) is checked.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I think you hit the nail on the head. I believe if you uncheck it from one program it will work correctly for all of them. I think I’ll test that...

Yes, I enabled Audio Description on one program and it carried over to all of them. Then I went back to English [Original] and it disabled it for all programs.

Yes, I enabled Audio Description on one program and it carried over to all of them. Then I went back to English [Original] and it disabled it for all programs.
Unfortunately, it was set for English (original) and didn’t work. I am flicking through the options but the genius I talked to yesterday from Netfli:mad:insert the heaviest dose of sarcasm) tells me it isn’t a Netflix issue. It has to be the AVR, Hopper, or TVs issue. I explained the Netflix app is the only thing affected, and on multiple devices. Nope, still a device issue. It’s ok though, because he sent me some reading material for it. None of it is relevant, but now I have something to read as I figure the issue out. Lol.

Chad, just for jeeps, go in and change it to Audio Description and play for a minute. Then go back in and change it back to English [Original]...

I’m on the same thought pattern as you. Did that last night, and it was nogo. I have not done what the Netflix guy asked and let it play for 10 minutes and then change again for another 10 minutes. It’s hard to let it just play for 20 minutes while the two little ones are being pains in the butt about watching their Supernatural. Lol. I might set it up in the bedroom while they watch on the Xbox this go around.

Do you have another streamer that you can access Netflix from? Even an app that you can access it on. I know when I set it to AD on my iPad it followed to my Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts