DESPERATE NEEDING HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

siepo

Original poster
May 4, 2009
queens
HELLO i am hoping that someone or some people can guide me in this new adventure of fta that i want to take. I need buy and set up a package that would be beneficial for my family and i. I need a box in 4 rooms. I definately need a motorized sat. A box with HD, 1080, if needs updates that i can find them easily, something which i can accomodate in getting my family cartoon channels, history channel, sports channels (espn i hope for my sons sake), tlc, nat geo, discovery, and all the good channels we all love. But i am in a rutt where i don't dare do anything because i have been looking for months to have someone or some people to guide me and i really can't find anyone. Your patience would be greatly appreciated. I really need to get rid of my wanna be phone, directv, and internet bundle. Imagine they tell me that regardless if i have my home phone or not i will just about pay the same. I am very frustrated and need someone to please make my day. :ballchain: Need to know a reputable dealer so that i dont buy a clone.

Thank you and God bless you to those who will help.

Last edited:
How many acres do you have for that?,,, All seriousness aside!
Many of those channels are only on subscription services and/or spread from one end of the arc to the other. Having 4 different receivers on different satellites will not be at all easy - if even possible with one or two dishes.
Check out theLIST at the top of the page to see what is available where. And read the posts on the forum.:welcome to SatelliteGuys.us! Keep reading.
POP

Do you have room for a "C" band dish - 10 feet in diameter? Do you have home owners restrictions on dish size?
Bob

Do you have room for a "C" band dish - 10 feet in diameter? Do you have home owners restrictions on dish size?
Bob
Given that the location is Queens, the chances of a C-band installation seem vanishingly slim.

I see a pizza dish or cable in the OP's future to get the number of different channels required along with the name brand content demanded.

Siepo,

Most of the channels that you are looking for are available only by subscription service. You may find a few of these channels are available for free with a C-band (8 - 10 foot) dish as wescopc suggests. Usually these types of channels are scrambled by the broadcaster to protect the value of the programming. Why would anyone want to buy TV if the channels were available for free?

Your option for these types of channels will be to have a subscription with Dish Network, DirecTV, Cable TV or maybe offered by your telephone service provider.

Another tidbit.... You will not want to share 4 rooms an a motorized dish. Each TV could only watch the satellite selected by the master receiver. I am sure that you would have quite a few unhappy people in your home!

Maybe SatAV can sell him 4 fta systems! Seriously, people seeking to avoid the big bills will be disappointed in switching to free to air. It is definitely a hobby but not an exact replacement for pay-tv. Maybe in Europe and Asia, but too many television kingdoms in this country to ever allow true direct-to-home tv choice. ESPN quit selling their programming to c-band users several years ago, I wouldn't accept their signal now if they gave it to me free!

To have independent tuning on a 4DTV/DSR410 type system, you would have to have 4 4DTV/DSR410 receivers, each of which would have to have a seperate subscription. The Programming Center/Skyvision/H2H does not have any type of mirroring for their accounts. Just something to keep in mind. Also, if he is in Queens, there would likely be some sort of prohibition on a dish over 1 meter in size. I don't think that a 1M would do it on AMC-18 C.

Looks like
siepo

left as quick as he came.

This is the reason I have a dish network subscription.----So I can watch cartoons,LOL
But again-I'm not desperate.

Hello people thanks for your time and patience. I did not leave lol it's just that I have been so busy it's not funny. I will catch up soon. God bless you all :)

I live in Queens, and if he has a house he could have a C-Band dish. But its better if he just signs up with cable with one of their tv/rr deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts