Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
PBS was right. CHanged my strategy.

Last edited:
You can use 119º w but you would have to use a DBS LNB and set the L.O. to 11250 (NASA is FTA here Dishnetwork using the FTA receiver)

Using USALS any satellite can be used to set up a motor, best to work out your True South satellite first (Same as your Longitude)

PrimeStar satellite?

Last edited:
WOW! that was fast! I can't see anything true south. True, I looked at the 3500 antenna setup and thought I might just use USALS from the start and not get one in by stationary but the sites you refer to about motors suggest doing so. I just wanted to make sure that the first one I do has somesuitable signals since I am hazy on what sats have signals an FTA receiver will lock onto.

So how far east can you see, I am not familiar with the Primestar satellite.

I am familiar with this dish and its not going to be easy to motorize (Dish size, internal switches, double LNB), it may be an idea to keep DTV and FTA separate.

Last edited:
the closest I can get to true south is 192.6 ( 85W) A finder I used said its KU Primestar

Right, that dish has the 5 into 4 switch inside seems to me that saves some time. I do suspect that that dish will require quite a bit of nudging since its a multi designed to stay put but if it can pull in 5 in one spot no reason it cant work. I just want the first one I try to have some good TP's

Thanks a bunch! That looks like one of my good spots!

Do you think I should bother trying to get it in without the motor first or just use USALS from the start?

I've just seen one of these for the first time up close and personal today. What a complex dish! They're introducing them into the New Orleans market...

yes, and I had never gotten a good look at that mount...sheeeesh!! I went with the winegard/gs2100/qph-031 for fta and jus put a newer 3 lnb direct tv dish on the roof. I would have been messing with that monster forever!

LordAlex said:
yes, and I had never gotten a good look at that mount...sheeeesh!! I went with the winegard/gs2100/qph-031 for fta and jus put a newer 3 lnb direct tv dish on the roof. I would have been messing with that monster forever!

Indeed! :up

Whats your latitude?

(Its a good idea to keep all your posts about the install together :) )

Ohhh..you moved the ms haha thought I was seeing things...my lat is 30.3

Want to double check the technique before I start pointing tomorrow, YAY!

For the sg2100 at my location it is 30 - 5 = 25 degrees

The true south arc elevation is 55 degrees

so do i set the motor at 25 and the dish at 30 adding to 55 ?

:hatsoff:

Motor Elevation = 60º (One side of the motor may be marked LAT. )

Dish Elevation (When on motor) = 25º

Sure is...haha I really did look at the table in the manual but convinced myself it couldn't be that straight forward :up

Last edited:
Is IA5 the same as T-5 in the 3500 satellite list? It is at 97w. Can sumone pop on that sat and give me a live TP. Thanks.

Why does my 3500sd say IA5 is 93w when lyngsat says IA5 is 97w ?

Who knows but you are right its at 97ºw

IA-6 is at 93ºw (My TRUE south :) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts