Detroit Tigers

Shef tossed

Cannot believe that the Umpire tossed Sheffeild for throwing the broken handle of his bat.
After looking at it on replay, it was clearly at NO ONE... Game turned on that play.

Jimbo

My sympathies, trust me I've been there, and then some. Cleveland bats lit up Tiger pitching like a Christmas tree last night. Alas momentum is tommorrow's starting pitcher.

There's some kind of conspiracy going on here! My posting count has been stuck on 755, no matter which thread I post on. I guess they don't want me to pass Hank Aaron.

My sympathies, trust me I've been there, and then some. Cleveland bats lit up Tiger pitching like a Christmas tree last night. Alas momentum is tommorrow's starting pitcher.

Yes, It would be nice to get a well pitched game tonight.... The Tigers really need it.

Did you hear that Shef got a 3 game suspension from the bat/ arguing issue from last night ?

Getting thrown out for no reason I thought was bad enough, but now it's past rediculous.

Jimbo

Yes, It would be nice to get a well pitched game tonight.... The Tigers really need it.

Did you hear that Shef got a 3 game suspension from the bat/ arguing issue from last night ?

Getting thrown out for no reason I thought was bad enough, but now it's past rediculous.

Jimbo
Perhaps if he does steriods, cracks, and receives a DUI by gametime, the Commissioner will reinstate him ASAP.:rolleyes:

Tigers FINALLY beat the Indians !!!!
First game this year..... Now if they can win the rest !!!!
After tommorows game they will be glad to get out of Cleveland and get thier baseball "Balance" back and start playing solid ball again.

Jimbo

I'm really starting to hate Cleveland. Jimbo, don't fret about our Tigers, just a small slump that hits everyone. Considering all the injuries, we're still in the playoffs (if they started today), which in itself is no small accomplishment. What a season Maggs is having! Now it looks like Sheffield is earning his money, great May for that guy. Soon everyone will be back, and all will be well.

GO TIGERS!

I'm really starting to hate Cleveland. Jimbo, don't fret about our Tigers, just a small slump that hits everyone. Considering all the injuries, we're still in the playoffs (if they started today), which in itself is no small accomplishment. What a season Maggs is having! Now it looks like Sheffield is earning his money, great May for that guy. Soon everyone will be back, and all will be well.

GO TIGERS!

I'm not to worried Paul,
As I mentioned in post # 56:
I feel both teams will go thru these slides from time to time, so I am not worried, although the Tigers bullpen is missing ................ most of it anyways on the DL.

Jimbo

I do not hate Cleveland, but all my life it's been people around here have been either a Tiger or an Indian fan, no one is both.....

I've always rooted for the Tigers and against the Indians (when playing the Tigers) (Dad's a Indians fan)

Jimbo

Last edited:
It was bad stretch in Cleveland (baseball and Basketball) that brought my comments forward. Bonderman had another 4 hit outing. He seems to be the ace everyone hoped he would be since the blister healed. Meanwhile the hitting has been just trmendous lately. On to Texas to play the severely skidding Rangers. I hope the team isn't looking ahead to the Mets, and forgets to take care of business against a bottom feeder.

It was bad stretch in Cleveland (baseball and Basketball) that brought my comments forward. Bonderman had another 4 hit outing. He seems to be the ace everyone hoped he would be since the blister healed. Meanwhile the hitting has been just trmendous lately. On to Texas to play the severely skidding Rangers. I hope the team isn't looking ahead to the Mets, and forgets to take care of business against a bottom feeder.

And to add to your comment, Hopefully they don't play down to the opposition like they have before, like KC for example.... although KC has a way of staying in games against the Tigers, hopefully they can do the same against Cleveland while the Tigers play in Texas.

As for the Mets, this should bea real interesting series, and Saturdays game is the Game of the Week on FOX.

Jimbo

What's up with Robertson? Maybe Detroit pitchers should stop talking to the press. A while back Todd Jones calls out the bullpen, saying that if they don't pitch better, some of them won't have jobs anymore, and he precedes to get shelled in his next two outings. Then Robertson says he's found a glitch in his delivery that was shortening his outings, and procedes to shorten his outings dramatically. Shut up and pitch. In the good news department, rogers threw 2 innings in a simulated game in Arlington yesterday, and is said to be pleased with the results. No timetable on his return however.

What's up with Robertson? Maybe Detroit pitchers should stop talking to the press. A while back Todd Jones calls out the bullpen, saying that if they don't pitch better, some of them won't have jobs anymore, and he precedes to get shelled in his next two outings. Then Robertson says he's found a glitch in his delivery that was shortening his outings, and procedes to shorten his outings dramatically. Shut up and pitch. In the good news department, rogers threw 2 innings in a simulated game in Arlington yesterday, and is said to be pleased with the results. No timetable on his return however.

I'm begining to wonder if Robertson is injured.
I think I would be skipping a start or two for him and see if he get healty or catches on that we need consistancy out there.

I hear Andrew Miller is looking very good STILL. :up

byw, Roman Colon is in rehab at Toledo, last night pitched 2 innings gave up no runs but had 3 walks and looked wild all night, Toledo won 6-0 but I was not impressed with him at all.
In other news fior Tiger fans, I saw that the Tigers released Jose Mesa last night. :up

Jimbo

Robertson and Miner put on the 15 day DL. Robertson has a "tired arm", Miner has tendonitis. Miller slated to throw Sunday against Glavine and the Mets. Mesa cut by the Tigers a couple of days ago. Acouple of pitchers were called up from AAA to replace Robertson and Miner, one will be sent back down when Miller arrives. Verlander back on track last night with 7 innings of shutout ball. What the hell is a "tired arm"?

It's Deja-Vu allover again. Tigers land the Gatorade High School Player of the Year in Rick Porcello. He's widely regarded as the best pitcher in high school. Like last year (Miller) Porcello's position in the draft dropped because nobody wants to pay the money he's looking for. Steve Boros is his agent, na dthe Tigers have till Aug 15th to sign him. (Which shouldn't be a problem, given the Tiger's past dealings with Boros).

Do we have to leave Texas? It's looked like batting practice the last 2 nights. Sheffield continues his torrid hitting. I think he's had more hits on this road trip than he did all of April. Granderson hit 2 more Triples for a league leading 12. The major league record (26) may be in reach for the speedy CF. I'm going to tonight's game, I hope Durbin stays on track for at least 1 more game.

Toyota Wins at Daytona Again

Players suing Patriots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)