Detroit Tigers

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
If Verlander continues this way, a Cy Young award may be his this season. The sweep was sweet, but still doesn't completely remove that bad taste in my mouth from last October.

Did you notice that the Detroit pitchers NEVER had to throw to a base, other than a pick off move ?
You would have thought that St. Louis would have bunted some , just to see if the pitchers could throw to the bases !!!

Jimbo

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
Did you notice that the Detroit pitchers NEVER had to throw to a base, other than a pick off move ?
You would have thought that St. Louis would have bunted some , just to see if the pitchers could throw to the bases !!!

Jimbo

They must have lost there memory of the World Series.:)

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I was at the Saturday game with a buddy that is a Cardinals fan. I can't even count how many times I heard:

"HIT IT TO THE PITCHER"

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Tigers finally lose a game that Maroth started.

That's not saying much, as a matter of fact that is candy coating it. HE has had one good start of all of them. He stinks, and before I send miller back down, I give him one more start and sit Maroth.

ALot of people think way to much of this guy, his character is fantastic, but his pitching is suspect. Our pen better get it together too, the offense cannot save them every game.

Grilli, Rodney, just terrible so far. Hurry back Zoom.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Tigers back in first, but again the bullpen (Mesa) tried to give another game away.
They just can't win without making it close.

Mesa should not even be in Toledo (AAA) let alone Detroit.
Miller was sent down when Bonderman came back (today) unfortunatly, but I am sure you will see him back soon, he has a lot of option time available so he will bounce around for awhile, unless he pitches so well they cannot make that move.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
I wouldn't bring Miller up here for the bullpen. He'll gain more experience down at Erie. This young man is too important to play around with his career at this stage.
In the nws today: Bonderman throws 8 innings of shutout ball, giving up only 4 hits, as the Tigers romp 12 - 0! Welcome back Bondy. You gave the bullpen a well needed rest. Also Maggs takes over the AL RBI lead. Now I understand what we spent 17M on.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I wouldn't bring Miller up here for the bullpen. He'll gain more experience down at Erie. This young man is too important to play around with his career at this stage.
In the nws today: Bonderman throws 8 innings of shutout ball, giving up only 4 hits, as the Tigers romp 12 - 0! Welcome back Bondy. You gave the bullpen a well needed rest. Also Maggs takes over the AL RBI lead. Now I understand what we spent 17M on.

I would bring Miller back up as a starter, however, it sure would be nice to see him make at least an appearance at the triple A level, too many of the Tigers pitchers have managed to skip Toledo, I think Bonderman was here for maybe 3-4 months tops, that I remember.

Toledo has won thier championship the last two years (AAA) you'd think they would be willing to send them to Toledo.... Normally the only time we see these type of guys in Toledo is when they has been up with Detroit and not working out , then the Tigers send them down and Toledo's Pitching coach straightens them out and sends them back.

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Jimbo, you sure about Bondy? I thought he made the team out of spring training after the trade, and has been here all along. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him being in our minor league system at all.
There definitely a target on the Tigers back since they're the AL champs, and the Tribe just hit 3 bullseyes. Three games with Tampa and we go to Cleveland for rounds 4-7, of a 18 round match. Hope we have better luck there.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Jimbo, you sure about Bondy? I thought he made the team out of spring training after the trade, and has been here all along. I may be wrong, but I don't remember him being in our minor league system at all.
There definitely a target on the Tigers back since they're the AL champs, and the Tribe just hit 3 bullseyes. Three games with Tampa and we go to Cleveland for rounds 4-7, of a 18 round match. Hope we have better luck there.

Don't worry, they will do better in round 2.
as for Bonderman, thats why I said as I remember, I'm not sure, maybe he way here for rehab or something.
Actually my point was, I'm tired of them going from AA right to Detroit without coming to Toledo where we can see them for awhile, it seems to happen alot with the pitchers, but the position players are usually here for a bit.

Maybe seeing Detroit is not as pitching desperate (except for right now with the injuries) we will start to see them here for a while.

Buster Onley just said that the Tigers are NOT sure if Zumaya will be back this year, thats the first I've heard that.

I'll try to look into the Bonderman thing.

Well after looking at players that have played at 5/3rd field, I did not see Bondermans name on it, so appearantly he never did come to Toledo.... Must have been someone else I was thinking of.
It just shows how bad Detroit pitching was back then.

Jimbo

Last edited:

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
What has happened to our bullpen? These guys are in meltdown mode right now. They better get on track now, or Cleveland's going to bury us by the allstar game. No current news on Zumaya, but Rogers is throwing from a mound in the bullpen again.

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
I wouldnt say we are going to bury you guys, but you might be making it hard on yourselves. But Detroit is way too talented, I still fear we are going to get in trouble here in boston (way toooooo many games played without a day off) and be right back down there you guys.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I wouldnt say we are going to bury you guys, but you might be making it hard on yourselves. But Detroit is way too talented, I still fear we are going to get in trouble here in boston (way toooooo many games played without a day off) and be right back down there you guys.
I feel both teams will go thru these slides from time to time, so I am not worried, although the Tigers bullpen is missing ................ most of it anyways on the DL.

Jimbo

Last edited:

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
What a monster May Sheffield is having. I'm not sure the second homer he hit last night has landed yet. Stellar performance from Bondy. Nice to have healthy fingertips I guess. For a change , a solid outing from the bullpen (Ledezma). One more with TB and down to Cleveland for what should be a classic 4 game showdown. Nothing like a pennant race to stir the blood.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Tiger Notes:
Tigers 3B Brandon Inge sat out with a small chip fracture in his left big toe. He likely won't play Thursday night at Cleveland, but hopes to return to the lineup in a few days. ... Detroit SS Carlos Guillen left in the seventh inning with a mild left grin strain. Leyland said he won't play Thursday, either. ...
Source: ESPN

As if missing half the bullpen, now they have the left side of the infield out as well....

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Tigers are lucky in one sense that these injuries are happening now, instead of during the stretch drive. Remember what happened last September when Polanco went down? Jimbo, that knee feeling better this morning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)