Detroit Tigers

WIth Bonderman's blister problem, we may see Andrew Miller up from AA Sunday night in the primetime ESPN game. That is Bondo's start and no decision has been made of yet.

It will be Virgil Vasquez, up to take Bondermans place (Bonderman should only miss one start from what I've heard.)

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/...t_id=1958487&vkey=news_det&fext=.jsp&c_id=det

I too would like to see Andrew Miller as well....
I will really look forward to see if Miller goes to Triple A at all.
The Tigers have been having thier pitchers jump from Double A to the Majors alot lately ...

Jimbo

Miller is slated to start today at Erie (double A). Minor League officials told Tigers that Miller is not ready yet (for the majors). 10-1 in last 11. Always nice to beat the Twinkies.

11 of the last 12! Great hitting performance top to bottom. Durbin is filling in nicely for Mr. Rogers. A sweep of the Twinkies would be nice, especially with the Red Sox next (4 in Fenway).

11 of the last 12! Great hitting performance top to bottom. Durbin is filling in nicely for Mr. Rogers. A sweep of the Twinkies would be nice, especially with the Red Sox next (4 in Fenway).

I think the Red Sox series will be alot of fun, regardless of the outcome.

Before everyone jumps on either team, The Red Sox and Yanks both had the Tigers number last year, but the Tigers still beat them in the playoffs (Yanks).
So if the series goes either way one sided, it's not the end of the world ....

Jimbo

That was one ugly game yesterday. I'm betting the Tigers handed Vasquez his bus ticket back to Toledo as he left the mound. See you next spring. Torii Hunter had a career game.(Applause all around for the best CF in the AL.) Looking forward to brushing this one off and moving to Fenway, where it definitely ain't over till the "fat lady sings".:cool:

That was one ugly game yesterday. I'm betting the Tigers handed Vasquez his bus ticket back to Toledo as he left the mound. See you next spring. Torii Hunter had a career game.(Applause all around for the best CF in the AL.) Looking forward to brushing this one off and moving to Fenway, where it definitely ain't over till the "fat lady sings".:cool:

Actually Vasquez, was slated to go back down regardless, because Bonderman will make his next start.

Jimbo

Bonderman on the DL. Pitchers are dropping like flys around here. Miller has go the call in Bondy's place.

That good, I'm looking forward to seeing Miller.
(Not good that Bonderman went down)
I think it was a precautioary thing, give him another week to heal.
I am sure that the 15 day DL is retro to the last game he pitched, witch would be 8 days ago.

Jimbo

I believe you are correct on Bondy. Tough day at Fenway yesterday, though. Fine pitching by the Tigers (except Ledezma), met by better pitching from the Bosox. Unusual line score for the second game, Schilling gives up six hits, all doubles.

tonight the WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS:D vist your tigers: and the way we are playing you can expect a few wins
Welcome back to the Sports Forum, dantheman77 :)

Should be an interesting game tonight.
Tigers are starting thier next young up and comer pitcher. (I saw him pitch in the College WS last year !!!

btw, Andrew Miller is the name, and I hope we here about him for a long time !!!

Jimbo

Man where were these bats the last few games? Could of used a few of these runs against the Bosox. Or for that matter, last fall, during the World Series. How about Miller? The future is very bright in Detroit, with Verlander, Bonderman, Miller, Robertson, and Maroth in the rotation. Could be a start of an ATL. Braves type run.

Dantheman, glad to see you back. (And typing sober to boot. HA HA). One question, what is going on with the Cardinals the last 2 seasons. Yeah , I remember that you guys are the world champs, but what happened to the 100 win seasons, you guys were turning out so regularly?

age, injuries and a HUGE world series hangover, gm not getting better pitching, putting too much faith in our pitching coach, who has turned around several pitchers in the past ( jeff weaver, enjoying the few extra millions you have?) but cant do it with everyone, see kip wells. more to follow!

Tigers tried very hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yesterday. Bullpen has been a mess this season.

I missed yesterdays game, but todays gamer went well.

Verlander has been very quietly started out very good (5-1) after alot of concern from people in baseball after a bad spring training.

Paul,
I know what ya mean about the lack of bats against the BoSox ...ugh
Hopefully they can get on a good roll from this point forward, the weather is finally starting to come around, that always helps the bats !

Jimbo

If Verlander continues this way, a Cy Young award may be his this season. The sweep was sweet, but still doesn't completely remove that bad taste in my mouth from last October.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)