Did Android Dish Anywhere revert back?

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
I downloaded the new version with the new features a few days ago and had no problems with it on my Moto Razr Maxx. Tonight, got another update that as far as I can tell, reverted it to the original version. WTH?

EDIT: Disregard - checked back into Play Store & the explanation is now present. I must have timed it perfectly to snag the update just prior to the description being posted. In short, the app is being revamped due to problems experienceed by some users - this (revert to prior version) now carries today's date.

Last edited:
Yea, looks like they withdrew the new one and went back to the previous version.

I updated the tablet to see the 'new' version but I'm keeping the transfer version on the phone until they get it all fixed up.

So you mean the Dish software people weren't willing to work Christmas Eve and Christmas just so I could transfer a show to my phone! How dare they!

Merry Christmas. :)

Lolz, rather than fix it they revert it - amazing Dish!

Uh, that is how it often happens with many developers. What do you want them to do, keep the one not working up over the holidays and until they get the bugs fixed?

So when will the new app be released? Giving it to us for a day or two and then taking it away for another 6+ months will just be a royal slap in the face.

Uh, that is how it often happens with many developers. What do you want them to do, keep the one not working up over the holidays and until they get the bugs fixed?

I didn't even get a chance to see if it worked on my devices. I updated to the "new" version before I realized what it does. I have searched but I can't find the other update APK anywhere.

Oh well. Hopefully it will be a semi-easy fix :)

Hopper and OTA problem.

Learning remote double pressing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)