Did Apple invent everything they claim?

You can get a patent for making an improvement on an existing invention or combination of inventions. This is referred to as a design patent or in legal lingo- a derivative patent. I don't believe the show host understands this concept in the patent law. If you make something that looks, feels, and functions like something else that is patented, then you have infringed on that patent. This is the nature of Apple's infringement suits. They are not claiming that they invented the smart phone, just the design of the iphone. So, the host is somewhat correct that Apple is a recipe company if you define recipe as a design. Apple improves on many existing patents through design and implementation. The host is quite correct that Apple never really invented anything if the contest he is holding restricts invention to a fundamental new device and ignores any derivative patented device. Fun contest by his rules but is not in line with patent law.

Apple once was trusting. They trusted Microsoft with a license for the Mac OS.

And look what happened.

Now they document EVERYTHING. Gestures, features, layout, code.

They know that Microsoft even stole the code for Quicktime to use in Video For Windows.

If you'd been robbed TWICE, would you trust anybody?

61039297868274906378.jpg

I'm surprised that no one has called out Apple over the fact that their OS SUCKED until they adopted Unix, and to be quite frank I find OSX to be incredibly unintuitive and overrated. I suppose the fact that I grew up with Windows doesn't help, but through my interactions with OSX I've just been completely turned off. The fact that they're now basically turning it into the iOS interface does little to make me want to embrace it. Good video and worth a watch for those people who think that simply because Apple SAYS something that it HAS to be true.