Did D* customer service shoot me straight? ebay receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Hi,

I have an old receiver that I got on ebay. It is a standard def Phillips DSR6000 TIVO that has a lifetime TIVO sub attached to it. I think it was originally purchased as part of an equipment for contract subscription of 2 years that was never activated. I had planned to activate it, but never did. I was worried that it would somehow be blacklisted. I phoned D* and they said all the new purchaser would need was to buy a $20 access card (this one doesn't have one) and away they would go. Sounds simple. Is this the case oh wise and learned ones? I just don't want to screw anyone over on ebay. Thanks,

Rob :up

I don't know about that specific model, but I have bought HD units off of eBay to 'add' to my account and all I had to do was pay $20 for a new access card FedEx over-nighted, AND once I activated within 14 days, DirecTV credited my account back the $20. Now, that was a while back, but I have not heard it being any different. I know you can't activate a used unit for new service (does that make sense?) but only add.

they wont transfer it over unless it was deactivated. Now if there is still programming on it after deactivation, you'll lose it once the new card is put in :)
(or they send the signal to nuke it)

And, there is no such thing as lifetime service on a DirecTV Tivo. It's been based on the account, not the box for several years. You will have to pay the monthly DVR fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)