Did you get the Windows 10 upgrade notice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got the Win 10 Upgrade message on my VirtualBox VM 64-bit Win 7 Pro instance, but there were some caveats. The biggest was the "This CPU isn't Supported" which could be either the 3-core CPU I have configured or the option to run the VM in Windows 7 mode vs. Windows 10 mode.

After reading some complaints about driver issues I decided to wait to upgrade to Windows 10. I wonder if you can do a backup of Windows 10 instead of having to do a restore from a Windows 8 disk that I have then upgrading to Windows 10 each time.

Why not just take an image, download the WIN 10 ISO, install it, see if it works correctly, if not, re-image the hard drive back to your previous OS?

I really do not understand why anyone needed to register for a Windows 10 Upgrade ( I never did), the purpose of the Icon in the system tray or anything else that's involved with this whole upgrade procedure. I've upgraded four of my own computers and five computers for others just by using the Widows 10 ISO I downloaded from Microsoft's Media Creation Page with zero issues.

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)