Did you name your iPad - intentionally or not?

Did you name your iPad?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I might later

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
My wife put her new iPad in a red case, so I once casually referred to it as "Padski." As in, Comrade.

It seems to have stuck.

My wife calls her phone "phoney" and her MBP, "Macky".

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
For me. My iPad is just known as an iPad. Unlike my wife whom names everything she owns, I do not name objects.

The only electronic device I ever named was my GPS, that has a woman's sexy voice. I called the GPS: "E-lane"

My assistant and I both got the habit of calling the GPS "E-lane" but one trip I needed an extra assistant so I hired one of my voice over talents to go on the trip. Her name was Elaine which got interesting when we started to mock the directions from E-lane.

No name for my iPad or iPhone. But I baby them both. :)

I do have an old windows machine I call "stupid piece of s#%^" :D

LOL!
I called my Mac Book Pro with Final Cut an "over-paid, lazy, do nothing, waste of everyone's time" once.

The irony of that is the MacBook Pro has found a new life working hard in my daughter's house and my ipad3 has finally replaced my Dell Laptop.

Our last GPS we called Chatty Cathy, for obvious reasons. Name stuck even after we silenced her.

New GPS? Well let's just say the names we call it are not as nice as the names for Windows machines.

Our last GPS we called Chatty Cathy, for obvious reasons. Name stuck even after we silenced her.

New GPS? Well let's just say the names we call it are not as nice as the names for Windows machines.

Agreed on that one. Have NOT had much luck with Garmin Nuvi lately that is for sure.

I named mine "iPad 3" :)

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

I used to call my Nexus One phone Nexy. Perhaps doing so threw my daughter into a jealous rage, prompting her to throw poor Nexy down 12 flights of stairs. My iPads don't really have specific names, but collectively I call them "Another reason for my wife and I to not talk to each other in bed."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)