Difference between the slimline dishes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agepag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
Canada
I was just wondering what is the difference between the slimline 3 and slimline 5 dishes. I think on my house I have the 5, but a friend wants to instal a dish himself and is looking at buying a dish and he asked what is the difference, he will be using either the standard hd receiver or the hd dvr. Would either dish work?

I was just wondering what is the difference between the slimline 3 and slimline 5 dishes. I think on my house I have the 5, but a friend wants to instal a dish himself and is looking at buying a dish and he asked what is the difference, he will be using either the standard hd receiver or the hd dvr. Would either dish work?

It depends where he is as to which one he should use.

Most cities work find with the newer 3 lnb slimline that hits the main Sats that D* uses now, the 99, 101 and 103.
The 5 lnb also hits the 110 and 119 Sats ... theres nothing on the 110 anymore and some music and foreign channels on the 119.

I was told that you need the new dishes to get all thw channels on the newer recievers. I have an old 18 x 24 dish in the garage I could give him but will he get the locals and the hd channels? This will be installed in Detroit

I was told that you need the new dishes to get all thw channels on the newer recievers. I have an old 18 x 24 dish in the garage I could give him but will he get the locals and the hd channels? This will be installed in Detroit

He will need a Slimline dish to get everything he wants.

The 18x24 dish won't get the correct Sats he needs to see.

It depends where he is as to which one he should use...and some music and foreign channels on the 119.

There are still all the DMA's with SD locals on 119 - & in those cities, NOT all of the locals have HD feeds. Unlike the MPEG4 local markets, any/all SD-only locals on 119, are NOT duplicated on Ka band. Therefore, it is ALWAYS D*'s policy to install Slimline 5 dishes in all 119 SD local markets, so subs are not missing any (SD only) locals.

Since the OP is in Detroit, this would not apply to him...

There are still all the DMA's with SD locals on 119 - & in those cities, NOT all of the locals have HD feeds. Unlike the MPEG4 local markets, any/all SD-only locals on 119, are NOT duplicated on Ka band. Therefore, it is ALWAYS D*'s policy to install Slimline 5 dishes in all 119 SD local markets, so subs are not missing any (SD only) locals.

Since the OP is in Detroit, this would not apply to him...

Thanks for the info, I hadn't realized that SD locals were on the 119, I thought they were still on the 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)