Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
ok dumb question time :)

My stepdad just upgraded a SD receiver to HD (got new TV on Black Friday). Not a DVR (already have 2 of them). Came today so I went and hooked it all up for him and we got it going.

Its a H23-600

Now I know the DVR's you want a HR24 but for the HD only receivers does it really matter? He gets his locals in HD via D* and since its not a DVR and no MRV does it matter what model it is?

(Sadly he has a HR23 and a HR22 as the DVR's)

While I'm sure an H24 would be quicker on the menu's, I'm not sure on a non-DVR receiver if it matters all that much.
The H24 DOES require BBC's on non-SWM systems, but obviously that doesn't matter in this case.
And the H24's are smaller than the other non-DVR HD boxes, but again, in this case does it really matter.

Bottom line, be thankful that he even got something as new as an H23... :eek:

Did your stepdad need to pay $99 for the new HD receiver? My dad also bought a new TV on Black Friday and now wants to get a HD DirecTV receiver upgrading from his old SD receiver.

However, why should someone who has had DirecTV for over 10 years pay $99 to upgrade to HD? Plus I noticed that DirecTV still charges $10 for HD Access per month.

I'm thinking he should simply switch to Dish Network get a FREE HD DVR and get HD FREE for life. Plus he would get a new dish to boot.

If he has had D* THAT long, there should be no reason why he can't get a FREE HD DVR/dish upgrade.
He should easily be able to get his HD fee waived for 2 years as well - do a search on all the folks (including myself) that have.

And if D* is difficult, just mention about switching to E* & I'm SURE you'll get what you want - this is not (or should not be) rocket science... ;)

Did your stepdad need to pay $99 for the new HD receiver? My dad also bought a new TV on Black Friday and now wants to get a HD DirecTV receiver upgrading from his old SD receiver.

However, why should someone who has had DirecTV for over 10 years pay $99 to upgrade to HD? Plus I noticed that DirecTV still charges $10 for HD Access per month.

I'm thinking he should simply switch to Dish Network get a FREE HD DVR and get HD FREE for life. Plus he would get a new dish to boot.
im with d* and i have hd free for life

When I went online to order the HD receiver the price was" free" but I had to pay $25 for an RF remote which was OK because the one that came with the receiver was not. Anyone who is willing to go on "Auto pay" can get free HD for 2 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)