Different receiver, now no HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you have your hd channels hidden?

Menu, setup, system setup, display, preferences, guide hd channels. Select either hide sd duplicates or show all channels.

Curious, is your channel guide on "ALL Channels", is your set up set to Hide HD channels in the menus ?

Thats where I was going, but didn't really say it very well !

Hello all,

I have a setup using a 3-LNB dish that had connected my older HD DVR and HD receiver to my home. I recently changed out the older HD DVR for a HR-500 DVR that was originally set up with a SWM system. After moving the box to my location with the 3-LNB and running the appropriate dish setup, I am only able to get SD channels. I chose the exact same dish to set up that the older HD DVR had and can't seem to find any other obvious settings that would enable the HD channels.

Is there an easy fix to get my HD channels to show up? The dish is definitely pointed appropriately because I can plug up my older HD DVR and see my HD channels with no problem.

Thanks in advance!

How long ago did you get HD channels with the OLD DVR?

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm currently out of town or I would upload some pictures. I do not have HD channels hidden, I do not know the model of my old receiver, I got HD channels about 2 months ago with the previous receiver, and the dish has 3 "pods" - all the same size.

I hate to correct you ice but If its a hr24 you do not use BBC only if its a hr23 or H25 or Hr34.
Go to channel 9506 and if it says correct HD setup you have the correct dish.

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm currently out of town or I would upload some pictures. I do not have HD channels hidden, I do not know the model of my old receiver, I got HD channels about 2 months ago with the previous receiver, and the dish has 3 "pods" - all the same size.

I'm sorry but this is not possible.

The Slimline-3 AU9-SL3-SWM_4_zoom.jpg and Slimline-5 AU9-SL5-B_zoom.jpg are the only dishes that can pick up DirecTV's HD signals other than the old original AT59_zoom.gif, the Slimline-3 only has 1 pod and the Slimline-5 has 3 pods but they are different sizes, oval, small round, large round.

You are describing this Phase-III dish and it is Ku band only and will not get any of DirecTV's HD channels as of over a year ago now. At one time (over a year ago now) DirecTV had just a few HD channels on Ku band like 1 HBO, 1 Showtime, HDNet, and TNT but that was it and is gone now.

OD1820-BX_zoom.jpgp23-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Xdcinc said:
I hate to correct you ice but If its a hr24 you do not use BBC only if its a hr23 or H25 or Hr34.
Go to channel 9506 and if it says correct HD setup you have the correct dish.

Ice is correct, the hr24's do use bbc's if they are used with a non-swm setup. I have 2 hr24 on a non-swm system and both have two bbc's.

And if I tune to channel 9506, it says: Correct HD Dish setup. 99 B-Band Odd.

Are you sure you are not confusing the bbc's for the deca modules. Deca modules are required on 23's but not on 24's

Last edited:

sorry but you're wrong
H23/HR23 do not need the BBC regardless of dish. I have a H23 and it works fine on a non SWM setup
H25 is SWM only and SWM never needs BBC's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)