Digisat II to align new Excede Dish?

aaronwt6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
SE Georgia
Got a question for the sat broadband gurus here. I'm going to be installing an Excede system for someone in September. Most likely it will be the only one I ever do so I really don't want to spend any addional money on a meter that I'll never use again. I've set up two Starband systems a few years ago with my digisat II meter and had zero issues aligning them even though I was told it wouldn't work well. I've installed literally thousands of Dish Network, C-band, and KU setups over the years so I'm very profficient with aiming in general.

What's everyones opionion on it and will it work even if its not the best? If it will as least show the signal I can't imagine it being an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Of you are installing the new Exede system you don't need a meter at all. The tria emits a series of sounds as you tune it in.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Ah, ok. So its basically a built in meter? Maybe I'll assemble the dish before I go and do a trial run at my house. I'd hate to get up there and have trouble since its 4 hours from home.

They are idiot proof basically. Just enter the modem key and go tune it. It will ring like a telephone when you find the right satellite. Then the beeps speed up or slow down depending on if you go the right or wrong direction. It will give a solid beep when your locked on. Then give it a push pull test to make sure your centered. If you need any help message me.

I wonder if the new Gen 4 Hughes will have a similar tuning mechanism built into the tria. A certified installer would still need to install it though wouldn't they with a special code to get it activated? Or perhaps this would be handy for someone wanting to move this place to place.

Does anyone know how to reset a bias at modem to factory settings?
I used the wrong customer code and need to start the provisioning over

Cruise113 did you figure it out? If so how did you reset the modem? I'm just curious in case I ever do the same thing.

would be interested to know as well... didnt see many options at 192.168.100.1

actually on second thought, all that probably happens in the volubill system so youll prolly have to call that in

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)