Digital camera suggestions.

Jeff0575

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2008
Illinois
I was wondering if anyone had any digit camera suggestions. I am wanting to take pictures Inside and outside. Looking for something with good picture quality.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys. my Xbox live game tag is Jeff0575 add me

Attachments

• 100_1437.JPG
    100_1437.JPG
    937 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_2280.JPG
    100_2280.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_1238.JPG
    100_1238.JPG
    630.3 KB · Views: 137
I am a big fan of the Canon Powershot SX 210
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera (Black)

I have had this camera for about 18 months and now use it instead of my Digital Rebel most of the time. A couple of reasons:

1) Convenience. the thing is small, and fits in my pocket
2) It has a 14X optical zoom - which by itself makes it well worth considering. No 3X zoom on this puppy.
3) It is 14MP
4) Takes great shots. The battery will take several hundred photos. I use a 32GB SDHC card with it.

Yeah, its not an SLR, but its so much easier to use, and really is a very good camera for the price. The convenience factor of just throwing it in my pocket, makes it so worth it.

Olympus Stylus series. Bought a refurb via ebay from Beach Camera, about half price of new, all accessories, new packaging, works great. Shockproof (drops) to a few feet, waterproof, and works in cold and heat nicely. Rechargeable battery, easy to use. think its the 6010 or 6020 series. Have had it quite some time, as I don't do much Ebaying anymore, no selling, little buying, but this seller was VERY REPUTABLE.

Another Panasonic FZ35 owner here. I wanted a super-zoom for vacation travel. Everyone makes one with similar specs. The Panasonic was the only one that felt comfortable in my hand. Make sure you try them out before buying.

I am a big fan of the Canon Powershot SX 210
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera (Black)

I have had this camera for about 18 months and now use it instead of my Digital Rebel most of the time. A couple of reasons:

1) Convenience. the thing is small, and fits in my pocket
2) It has a 14X optical zoom - which by itself makes it well worth considering. No 3X zoom on this puppy.
3) It is 14MP
4) Takes great shots. The battery will take several hundred photos. I use a 32GB SDHC card with it.

Yeah, its not an SLR, but its so much easier to use, and really is a very good camera for the price. The convenience factor of just throwing it in my pocket, makes it so worth it.

I have this one too and really like it a lot. Takes great pictures.

I just bought this one and like it a lot. Canon Powershot SX-150

14MP
12X zoom
AA batteries

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005I6DVC0/ref=oh_o01_s00_i03_details

That is a slightly different shape, but with those AA batteries, its a nice feature. THere are several in the same series, each year they come out with a new one. The current model shoots 1080p video instead of the 720p on the model I have.

The key to all of these cameras is good image stabilization software, IMHO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)