Digital converter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KCtundra

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I need to buy a couple of these in a few weeks, & I'm working 70 hours a week! I'm having trouble finding the time to check out options, HELP!, please give me your opinions. I live in metro KC area, they are for a remote bedroom, & a detached garage. thx

Go to your local Walmart and pickup a pair of RCA boxes for about $10ea. after coupons. For your needs they should work well for little cost.

I also like the DTVPal from Dish. I ordered one TR-40 ($40) and one DTVPal+ ($70?) from DTVPal.com, where I redeemed both of my government coupons. Both boxes, with S&H came to a little under $60, but I didn't have to search stores to get the products that I wanted.

If you're in KC Metro, just get two TR-40s and all you pay is S&H. The DTVPal+ is for fringe areas, like my father-in-law in Warrensburg.

I'm real happy with the Zenith DTT901 from Circuit City. I'm using two of them on older TV's.

Cost is around $20 after coupon.

I have the Insignia, which is the Best Buy store branded version of the Zenith box mentioned, it's the exact same box with a different logo.
And I'm surprised how happy I am with it, and how sensitive it is to the signals available in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)