Digital converter

KCtundra

Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
I need to buy a couple of these in a few weeks, & I'm working 70 hours a week! I'm having trouble finding the time to check out options, HELP!, please give me your opinions. I live in metro KC area, they are for a remote bedroom, & a detached garage. thx

Go to your local Walmart and pickup a pair of RCA boxes for about $10ea. after coupons. For your needs they should work well for little cost.

I also like the DTVPal from Dish. I ordered one TR-40 ($40) and one DTVPal+ ($70?) from DTVPal.com, where I redeemed both of my government coupons. Both boxes, with S&H came to a little under $60, but I didn't have to search stores to get the products that I wanted.

If you're in KC Metro, just get two TR-40s and all you pay is S&H. The DTVPal+ is for fringe areas, like my father-in-law in Warrensburg.

I'm real happy with the Zenith DTT901 from Circuit City. I'm using two of them on older TV's.

Cost is around $20 after coupon.

I have the Insignia, which is the Best Buy store branded version of the Zenith box mentioned, it's the exact same box with a different logo.
And I'm surprised how happy I am with it, and how sensitive it is to the signals available in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts