Digital Service on OTA Channel?

aperry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
I have a problem that I'm getting "Digital Service" for my OTA channel. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure who to contact to get it fixed.

Our DMA covers two areas Fort Smith/Fayetteville, Arkansas. The problem is with the ABC channel. In Fort Smith, the call letters are KHBS. But in Fayetteville, the call letters are KHOG. It is the same channel though, there is absolutely no variation in programming.

Dish uses KHBS in its list, and of course, in the OTA, because I'm in Fayetteville, it says KHOG. So the receiver does not make the "connection" between the two.

So, is there anyone at Dish that I can contact to "link up" these two channels so they are one in the same? In other words, have KHOG use the listings that Dish has for KHBS?

I have a problem that I'm getting "Digital Service" for my OTA channel. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure who to contact to get it fixed.

Our DMA covers two areas Fort Smith/Fayetteville, Arkansas. The problem is with the ABC channel. In Fort Smith, the call letters are KHBS. But in Fayetteville, the call letters are KHOG. It is the same channel though, there is absolutely no variation in programming.

Dish uses KHBS in its list, and of course, in the OTA, because I'm in Fayetteville, it says KHOG. So the receiver does not make the "connection" between the two.

So, is there anyone at Dish that I can contact to "link up" these two channels so they are one in the same? In other words, have KHOG use the listings that Dish has for KHBS?
If KHOG does not have a SD local channel on Dish (I'm assuming it does show KHBS), then you will not get programming info. We have a similar situation here in Indianapolis. Can you not get the KHBS digital channel?

Someone will hopefully chime in the proper e-mail address of the dept who can correct this. It's not 'dishquality@echostar.com' but it's one of those.... Or search this site.

There's been similar cases where the channels weren't "linked" and Dish can correct it.

That's good news hall, I hope they do come in here and post the email address. I'd be forever in their debt!!! And apparently, so would KAB! :)

As I recall, KAB mentioned his issue in another thread related to this... Apparently he didn't have satisfactory results.

Anyone know the e-mail address to send issues like this to ?? My local FOX and MyTV aren't mapping down correctly since receiving L4.43.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)