Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

brian24740

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Princeton,WV
DISH NETWORK™ EXPANDS NATION’S LARGEST HD PACKAGE

More National HD Channels, More HD Regional Sports Networks

Englewood, Colo. – July 10, 2007 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH NetworkTM satellite TV service today announced exciting enhancements to its industry-leading DishHD programming package.

On July 11, DISH Network will launch eight Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in high definition (HD) that feature game-only baseball content, including Fox Sports Network Arizona (Ch. 365), Fox Sports Network Northwest (Ch. 376), Fox Sports Network Cincinnati (Ch. 377), Fox Sports Network Pittsburgh (Ch. 378), Fox Sports Network Detroit (Ch. 380), SportsTime Ohio (Ch. 381), Fox Sports Network North (Ch. 386), and SportsNet New York (DISH Network Ch. 388). With the launch of nine HD RSNs earlier this year, these new additions bring DISH Network’s total lineup of HD RSNs to 17, with more channel launches planned for Aug. 15.

Also on Aug. 15, DISH Network will add seven national HD channels to its DishHD programming package, including MHD, featuring music programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT; Golf/Versus HD; Animal Planet HD; The Science Channel HD; TLC HD; Discovery HD, and History HD, which will debut on Sept. 1. With these additions – plus more planned for mid-September – DishHD subscribers will continue to have access to the largest national HD lineup in the United States.

“No one currently has more national HD channels than DISH Network, and we’re committed to maintaining that edge by enhancing DishHD with channels that exemplify the top-quality programming our customers enjoy,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “When it comes to high definition, DISH Network offers not only the best programming, but the best technology and value as well, including the only free HD DVR in the industry and, starting Aug. 15, six months of DishHD programming for free.”

DISH Network’s DishHD currently offers customers more than 200 hours per day of HD content from the nation’s top programmers and is a $20 add-on to digital definition programming packages, including the DishDVR Advantage. The HD RSNs are available to customers who subscribe to DISH Network’s America’s Top 100 Plus programming with DishHD.

The highly-acclaimed ViP622 DVR™ is the perfect complement to DISH Network’s extensive lineup of HD programming – and it’s free to new customers who qualify. One of the most advanced multi-room HD DVR receivers on the market today, the ViP622 DVR boasts the only true 30-second skip feature in the industry – allowing subscribers to watch television commercial-free.

For more information about DISH Network, DishHD, or the six months free of DishHD promotion, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

SOURCE: DISH Network :: Investor Relations - News Release

Very nice additions. Isn't Discovery HD Theater just changing to Discovery HD to mirror it's SD channel?

S~

posted this in other thread as well, but it belongs in both spots i feel..

"With the launch of nine HD RSNs earlier this year, these new additions bring DISH Network’s total lineup of HD RSNs to 17, with more channel launches planned for Aug. 15. "

that adds hope for others without RSNs.

"Also on Aug. 15, DISH Network will add seven national HD channels to its DishHD programming package, including MHD, featuring music programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT; Golf/Versus HD; Animal Planet HD; The Science Channel HD; TLC HD; Discovery HD, and History HD, which will debut on Sept. 1. With these additions – plus more planned for mid-September – DishHD subscribers will continue to have access to the largest national HD lineup in the United States. "

Now this is meaty... on 8/15 they will be adding SEVEN channels including MHD, Golf/Versus, Animal Planet, Science Channel, TLC, and Discovery, and History debuting 9/1. (6 on 8/15) Does that mean there is ANOTHER one for 8/15? Big 10? Also, if we lose Discovery HD Theater, doesnt that mean they may be adding another one?

Plus more in September... very very nice Charlie!

Wow, these are all pretty good channels too. Well MHD might be kinda iffy at this time, but I guess they still qualify as a Major channel since its riding on MTV's legacy.

It takes content from both channels and does it in HD.
Then it rubs the lotion on its skin. And it puts the Joe Dirt in the hole in the floor. :D

That was a well done press release - sorta like a Dish Network pep rally in document form. :) This is excellent news. I certainly hope they don't have to make room for these where they shouldn't be making room for them. ;)

Big thing is it appears we won't need to put up any new dishes.

Also, I understand this is about HD, but did they mention anything about Setanta (fingers crossed)?

=NLK=

it does not appear that Discovery HD Theater is going anywhere.

in this image, posted by scott, you can see that BOTH discoveryHD and discoveryHDtheater are shown as HD channels.

attachment.php

No kidding.........I should have brought a change of underwear to work today. Charlie must feel Christmas is in July.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Cosmo that you get your NESN HD in August. I get my FSN North starting tomorrow.

Thanks gjh3260, Hope you enjoy your FSN North.

Right now, the only Sox HD I get is a 30 second highlight on SportsCenter.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)