Scott's Rumor Confirmed: Seven New HD Nationals Coming to Dish in August/September

You probably need to be on the 61.5 or the 129. WOW Dish is going to stay the HD Leader and MPEG4 Leader this is great news. My guess on what new National HD Channels you will get will probably depend on if you get their SD Channel. Thanks for the Info this is great news for Dish Subs I can seem those who left Dish starting to wish they stayed. Hmm I wonder how long it will take to see the ""I coming Back To Dish Threads"". :)

My guess on what new National HD Channels you will get will probably depend on if you get their SD Channel.
Yes this is correct if you look at the pictures it tells you which package you must have in order to get that HD channel. :)

BTW GolfHD and VersusHD is transmitted by them as one HD channel. It will be Golf Channel in the day and at 7pm will turn into Versus. Dish is NOT grouping these channels together like this, it is being done by GolfHD and Versus.

I hope that they spin off the sports into its own package, I dont want to pay for sports channels that Im not going to watch specialy if its in hd wich putting sports in hd is like putting a pig in a dress to me.

They already do...

If you have the Top 100 package you dont get the sports channels.

If you have the top 200 then you get the sports channels.

Its that easy.

Van, Don't worry, they aren't paying more for the HD versions of the RSNs (according to the reports that I've read). They already pay for the SD versions so they get the HD versions for free (except for the related satellite and uplink costs).

129 has room and 61.5 has lots of room. :)

Remember a lot more then just these 7 channels were announced today. Check our retailer chat recap for all the details. :D

Here it is stated that there is not enough room for NESN HD on 61.5
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...rsn-channels-coming-wednesday.html#post949532

And here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...n-channels-coming-wednesday-7.html#post949970

But now I read there is a lots of room on 61.5. So what is the real reason?

Here it is stated that there is not enough room for NESN HD on 61.5
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...rsn-channels-coming-wednesday.html#post949532

And here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...n-channels-coming-wednesday-7.html#post949970

But now I read there is a lots of room on 61.5. So what is the real reason?

Dish network wants to put NESN HD up for games only. NESN is demanding the channel 24/7. Dish does not want to use 24/7 HD bandwidth for only a portion of the country.

Apparently Dish has just fired a shot across the bow of DirecTV-10. All I can say is.. May the best company win.. Cause either way, the customer is going to win.. And since I have Dish HD and DirecTV HD in my house, I am going to be a winner.

Yippee..... It's gonna be an HD TV year :)

Dish network wants to put NESN HD up for games only. NESN is demanding the channel 24/7. Dish does not want to use 24/7 HD bandwidth for only a portion of the country.

NESN has a lot of HD content. I would guess more then Fox, NBC or ABC and E* has these stations for smaller markets. NESN is all of New England, that is a big market.

Apparently Dish has just fired a shot across the bow of DirecTV-10. All I can say is.. May the best company win.. Cause either way, the customer is going to win.. And since I have Dish HD and DirecTV HD in my house, I am going to be a winner.

Yippee..... It's gonna be an HD TV year :)

My dad will be happy to here this as we just bought him a HD TV and got him a ugraded HD receiver for hid DirecTV service

129 has room and 61.5 has lots of room. :)

Remember a lot more then just these 7 channels were announced today. Check our retailer chat recap for all the details. :D

Um, is this taking into account that Echostar doesn't currently have the capability to broadcast on several of their licensed transponders on 61.5 because of failures on Echo III? If they get the SkyAngel transponders they're in a better situation...

I guess if Dish doesn't add any more LiL cities and only carries the big 4 then they can recapture some more bandwidth by going 6 HD per transponder on the conus LiLs.

NESN has a lot of HD content. I would guess more then Fox, NBC or ABC and E* has these stations for smaller markets. NESN is all of New England, that is a big market.

Oh I agree. I'm pulling for you guys and the Comcast Sports Net Chicago guys to get your RSN's. I know first hand what its like to sit and wait (FSN North here).

Early on E* was saying they wouldn't launch the HD RSN's because there wasn't enough content. Now they're saying too much content for not enough area to those in the NESN area.

Now how about a price cut to match the D* price for HD

Somehow, I don't see the problem with the $20 bucks for HD from Dish.. It's 10 bucks more than D* , but for the difference in amount of channels offered it seems to be a pretty good deal.. The 10 bucks from D* only get you less than 10 channels.. And if you really believe that D* isn't going to raise those rates sometime next year when they bring on their (cough,cough) 150 HD Channels then are probably thinking wrong..

What I want to see is both companies realize that HD is where it all should be anyway, and they should just add all the HD into their normal packages without any price increase at all.. Yea.. I know.. I am dreaming.

Early on E* was saying they wouldn't launch the HD RSN's because there wasn't enough content. Now they're saying too much content for not enough area to those in the NESN area.

Maybe someday we will have locals and NESN HD. Until then I have to go to a friends house and watch D* and have him make fun of me for having E*. He says stuff like "I thought Dish was the HD leader, way are you over her again...". I take it because I want to watch the Red Sox game in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)