Digital signal strength??

Thank you very much for you thoughtful input CochiseGuy, I am thinking I had better quit even thinking about trying this project. I would have to put antenna on a 125' tower to get away from trees. Not much in the way of hills or mountains but trees we got in spades!!! The area I live in,Florence,AL can receive the UHF analog signals from Huntsville, AL stations with a not a very sophisticated antenna. I was hoping the digital signal would be even stronger? I was considering buy another HGTV for my "shop/office" room which runs the cost up pretty high with antenna, boosters and etc., for something that may not work. Again THANKS!! Smoke

I went with a Winegard HD9095P atenna, a UHF only antenna with 95" UHF mast. I mounted it on a 25' pole, to make sure I cleared 600' ft. mountains about 30 miles away. I assume you're in a much flatter terrain, and just need clear any obstructions such as trees, buildings, etc. I also used a pre-amp, to boost the signal strength from the antenna. I went with a Channel Master 7777. Use the shortest possible coax cable run possible from the antenna to the preamp. I used summitsource.com for my purchases. Reasonable prices & very good service.

And remember anything beyond 50 miles is considered "fringe reception, and weather affects reception. You will never get dropout-free reception every day beyond 60 miles for UHF, 80 miles for VHF, no matter how good your antenna is. I kept my Dish standrard def local channels as a "backup" on windy, rainy days. Also, I get the OTA local program guide that way.

Good luck!

I too have a Winegard HD9095 antenna, I am over 70 miles away from the stations. I do *NOT* need a preamp, in fact it just added to the noise!
But I will add that I do get all the stations with 80 - 100 signal strength.
Very rarely do I loose OTA signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)