Digiwave L/C invacom competitor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I gave up on my phone call at this time, but

Gruesome,
Can you explain why the origianl one I listed can't do what the invacom can do? Not the 2nd ebay listing that only does wide band circ.
I guess I am confused why you say it can't when it states that it does Linear and circular pol.

The 1st one seems weird. Unless it truly does linear, I can't see why this would work unless its for a hacker.

Remember.....AnikF3 is KU circular so unlike the Invacom which says "L" is 11.7-12.2 linear and "C" is 12.2-12.75 circular

How can that unit distinguish between circular DBS and Circular KU? The only way I can see is if one output it KU circular and the other port is DBS circular

Fior 45 bucks I aint willing to try it :)

yeah, see that is why it confuses me if they say that it's a dual output switch and can feed two receivers. I could understand it more if one side was L and the other C.

I am understanding how Anik F3 works, and I understand how the wide-band circular LNB's are working with an LO of 10750, I just can't wrap my head around how the first one in the OP claims to work. :)

I'm not gonna spend money to try it either, I already have an invacom and a universal slapped to the side so I am good, but when I saw this, I just couldn't figure out how it would work. I mean it's universal, so it's got a 22khz internal, so they can't use that to switch between L and C right? Since the 22khz is doing the universal switching.

Well, I spoke to Digiwave tech and they claim that it does do Linear and Circular out of 1 output, but through their broken english and asian accents, I could not undertand how it works. They said it uses and LO of 10600 for all sats and as long as your receiver can scan up to 12.75, you can use it for all circ and linear sats.

yes, they also stated only for FTA receivers, not for dish boxes.

I also asked why they market it as a 118.7/119 setup if Dish boxes can't use it and there isn't much FTA on those two sats, who are they marketing too? line mysteriously went dead (no joke) So I guess that sheds some light on it.

I'm not gonna spend money to try it either, I already have an invacom and a universal slapped to the side so I am good, but when I saw this, I just couldn't figure out how it would work. I mean it's universal, so it's got a 22khz internal, so they can't use that to switch between L and C right? Since the 22khz is doing the universal switching.

correct. If its a Universal then its got a 22k buil tin

Well, I spoke to Digiwave tech and they claim that it does do Linear and Circular out of 1 output, but through their broken english and asian accents, I could not undertand how it works. They said it uses and LO of 10600 for all sats and as long as your receiver can scan up to 12.75, you can use it for all circ and linear sats.
But how? Unlike the invacom that can distinguish between a circular polarity (12.2-12.75) and a linear (11.7-12.2), this one can't. So if I am on 123W which is circular and move to 118.7 which is circular, how does the unit know??

yes, they also stated only for FTA receivers, not for dish boxes.
well that answers one question

I also asked why they market it as a 118.7/119 setup if Dish boxes can't use it and there isn't much FTA on those two sats, who are they marketing too? line mysteriously went dead (no joke) So I guess that sheds some light on it.

huh, imagine that

I gave up on my phone call at this time, but

Gruesome,
Can you explain why the origianl one I listed can't do what the invacom can do? Not the 2nd ebay listing that only does wide band circ.
I guess I am confused why you say it can't when it states that it does Linear and circular pol.

Going over the specs in the Ebay listing for that LNB is looks like it can do what the Invacom does. So, my first thoughts appear to be wrong about
this LNB. But, I don't see any details on switching between Linear & Circular
modes. And of course, they don't give the manufacturer's name either.
I would also be leary of spending money on it expecting it to work like the QPH-031.
Sorry for the confusion.
grusome

But how? Unlike the invacom that can distinguish between a circular polarity (12.2-12.75) and a linear (11.7-12.2), this one can't. So if I am on 123W which is circular and move to 118.7 which is circular, how does the unit know??
Unless I'm mistaken, the Invacom cannot distinguish between Circular and Linear polarity. It has seperate outputs for for each one and you have to connect either a DiseqC switch or an 22Khz switch to select between them.
QPH-031 Invacom 0.3dB DBS and VSAT LNBs plus VSAT Ku Band Transmitters - BUCs, Receive Satellite TV, Quad CP LP 2-way Satellite communications

grusome

well for gits and shiggles I bought one of those LNB's...the 2nd one that was shown...I got the single model

damn shipping was more than the LNB but we'll see exactly what it does...the 2nd model COULD be used as a ghetto legacy Dish setup (subscribed) since it is 11.7-12.75

Geez 'berg, I feel like I should send ya a few bucks for trying it out. I'm looking forward to what you find with it.

the mist is lifting . . .

. . . I bought one of those LNB's...the 2nd one that was shown...I got the single model

damn shipping was more than the LNB but we'll see exactly what it does...the 2nd model COULD be used as a ghetto legacy Dish setup (subscribed) since it is 11.7-12.75

In a fit of boredom, I searched out the 118 circular-only LNB which we discussed above, as the 2nd unit.
I found the mfgr or importer's web site, and they list both single output and two output models.
I could only find the 2-output model on eBay

Is this what'cha got, Ice ?

I'm hoping we can keep down the confusion in this thread and be clear we were talking about both linear/circular, and a circular-only LNBs.

I won the single output but the seller e-mailed me and said they were out and asked if I would take a dual which is a .4 vs the single of .3

I said sure....so I should have it in a week or so :)

well after getting it and letting it sit here in the house I decided to try it out. This is the item I'm working with
http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCULAR-DUAL-L...ryZ11726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and after checking it out I can sum it up in 3 words (well a few sentences with 3 words)
"save your money"
"not worth it"
"piece of crap"

catching my drift ;)

so I climb on my roof and remove my old DirecTV single LNB and hook this up. Come inside and move the dish to 119...nothing. No signal. Now I know the dish is aimed right. Try 118.7...nothing. So I climb back up on the roof and put it back how I had it.

So now I figure "lets try it on a fixed 119/123 dish". I know (again) that all I should do is switch out LNB. Swapped LNB and brought up 119
nothing

selected a KU satellite and let it blind scan. It did hit the H polarity stuff so I checked the signal..........10-12 quality. So I took that off and set it up on the T90 for 110 and let it blind scan....nothing....no DBS

So I decided to do what any normal satguy would do. I ripped the thing apart and punched a hole in the LNB eye to see what was inside. Much to my amazement (nah, not really. I kinda was expecting this), the LNB is very crappily made. Instead of a clear liquid to seal the stuff in its white. Cut around the LNB eye and there is a little piece of plastic jammed in there and what looks like elmers glue holding it in. Cut that piece out and hooked it up to the T90 on a linear sat

guess what? Works perfect. So this LNB is pretty much a linear LNB with a circular piece hap-hazardily inserted and sold to people thinking it would work. Well I can attest it doesn't work and I couldnt even get the "you have a dish at 118.7" test card.

sorry a couple pictures look blurry. But on the bright side I do have a dual LNB now on 79W :)

Attachments

• 000_0313.jpg
    000_0313.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 000_0312.jpg
    000_0312.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 000_0315.jpg
    000_0315.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 000_0316.jpg
    000_0316.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 251
The one you bought is not the original one I linked to however. I was originally talking about the one that claims it is a unversal L and a wide-band circ.

Either way, I am sure it is in the same boat. Thanks for the testing and feedback

well after getting it and letting it sit here in the house I decided to try it out. This is the item I'm working with
http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCULAR-DUAL-L...ryZ11726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and after checking it out I can sum it up in 3 words (well a few sentences with 3 words)
"save your money"
"not worth it"
"piece of crap"

catching my drift ;)

so I climb on my roof and remove my old DirecTV single LNB and hook this up. Come inside and move the dish to 119...nothing. No signal. Now I know the dish is aimed right. Try 118.7...nothing. So I climb back up on the roof and put it back how I had it.

So now I figure "lets try it on a fixed 119/123 dish". I know (again) that all I should do is switch out LNB. Swapped LNB and brought up 119
nothing

selected a KU satellite and let it blind scan. It did hit the H polarity stuff so I checked the signal..........10-12 quality. So I took that off and set it up on the T90 for 110 and let it blind scan....nothing....no DBS

So I decided to do what any normal satguy would do. I ripped the thing apart and punched a hole in the LNB eye to see what was inside. Much to my amazement (nah, not really. I kinda was expecting this), the LNB is very crappily made. Instead of a clear liquid to seal the stuff in its white. Cut around the LNB eye and there is a little piece of plastic jammed in there and what looks like elmers glue holding it in. Cut that piece out and hooked it up to the T90 on a linear sat

guess what? Works perfect. So this LNB is pretty much a linear LNB with a circular piece hap-hazardily inserted and sold to people thinking it would work. Well I can attest it doesn't work and I couldnt even get the "you have a dish at 118.7" test card.

sorry a couple pictures look blurry. But on the bright side I do have a dual LNB now on 79W :)

WTG Tony. One of our esteemed moderators went through all the trouble to test this for us...what a guy! :rolleyes:;):):D

So...if I am reading that correctly, we shouldn't buy one, right? :cool::D

How 'bout making a copy of just the appropriate few posts, and put them in the review section for all to find?

Darn! What a let-down... though, I could never figure out what I'd do with one.
So, does this mean if we want to make our own, we can jam a cut-up credit card down the throat of a linear and get 118 circ? :rolleyes:
I have a SKY Mexico DVB321-3 $6.95 Universal . . .
Naw, come to think of it, I don't really want that, either! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)