Diplexer Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I've seen diplexers for combing a sat cable and ota into one, but I need to know the proper setup for this situation.

Two cables from a Slimline into the attic where the single OTA antenna feed is. Can the two D* cables and the ota be combined into one down the wall, then split apart behind the tv(two to the bband's and one to the ota)?

Thanks.

Ok, I found a eagle aspen quad that would combine all 3 into one and has 4 single outputs. Im guessing this still does not help me out as far as only using one cable down inside the wal from the attic. Id still need to run two?

The B-Band Converter needs to go between the Dish and the Diplexer, and that does not guarantee it will work.

Receiver-----------Diplexer----------------------------------Diplexer----------------B Band--------------Dish

Lovely. D* really screwed the pooch on that one. No way around two cables in the wall then. Guess waiting for the SWM LNB then.

Unless you're willing to go with only 1 DBS tuner in the DVR then yes you need eithre the SWMSlimline or SWM8, no other way to get two DBS on one cable.

You can't really diplex an OTA feed into a sat feed coming off a Slimline. Well.... sort of. You can do it to a non-HD line and it will work, but if you diplex the OTA into a sat feed that is going to an HD box, you'll lose the HD channels that run in the lower frequency range, up to 900Mhz. The OTA stomps on it more or less.

You can't really diplex an OTA feed into a sat feed coming off a Slimline. Well.... sort of. You can do it to a non-HD line and it will work, but if you diplex the OTA into a sat feed that is going to an HD box, you'll lose the HD channels that run in the lower frequency range, up to 900Mhz. The OTA stomps on it more or less.

Actually this is wrong YOU CAN use diplexors in the new HD system BUT they have to be after the B band coverters!! it does work cause I have it working here!!

Actually this is wrong YOU CAN use diplexors in the new HD system BUT they have to be after the B band coverters!! it does work cause I have it working here!!

+1 , Same here B-Band converter is in the attic at the first diplexer and OTA works great.

I think see what you are doing, you're taking the BBC and inserting it inline at a different point in the line instead of directly behind the reciever? Is this right? Never looked at it like that, I've always hooked them directly to the back of the box. So as long as the diplexer is AFTER the BBC it will work without quashing the HD signal from the KaKu?

Learn something new every day lolz ^^

I think see what you are doing, you're taking the BBC and inserting it inline at a different point in the line instead of directly behind the reciever? Is this right? Never looked at it like that, I've always hooked them directly to the back of the box. So as long as the diplexer is AFTER the BBC it will work without quashing the HD signal from the KaKu?

Learn something new every day lolz ^^

yep yep you got it bluegrass as long as the bbc's are before the diplexors your good to go!!

Diplexer problem

Hi
Have tried to resume use of Trek Diplexer t allow cable and satellite to use single wire, but to no avail.
Once DirectTV began using NEW satellites and BBC's, it does not work.
Have tired it with BCC in front on or behind the diplexer without it working!:(
Must run another wire it seems.

Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts