Direct Cinema

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clovett

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2013
United States
Love my new system. Tons better than Charter cable ever was, I have no reason to go back.

However, I HATE that my Genie recommends is full of Direct Cinema picks. I have no intention of buying a movie from Direct TV...ever. I set the amount that can be spent to 0 but that isn't enough of a hint to direct to stop putting them in my queue.

How can I set it so it stops putting purchase items in my genie recommends queue? I really get tired of picking the movie recommended and finding out it's a purchase item.

Love my new system. Tons better than Charter cable ever was, I have no reason to go back. However, I HATE that my Genie recommends is full of Direct Cinema picks. I have no intention of buying a movie from Direct TV...ever. I set the amount that can be spent to 0 but that isn't enough of a hint to direct to stop putting them in my queue. How can I set it so it stops putting purchase items in my genie recommends queue? I really get tired of picking the movie recommended and finding out it's a purchase item.
menu-settings-settings display-preferences- recording recommendations. Try that and see if it stops

I don't think you can configure Genie Recomends, it will get better as it "sees" what you watch.

If after a few weeks you are still unsatisfied then you can turn it off by selecting the "Genie Settings" on channel 1998. If this channel doesn't come in wait 24 hours and try again.

I tried what the previous poster recommended and that doesn't work. I like the genie recommends and don't want to turn it off. I did realize that the direct cinema pics are all on the bottom which makes this manageable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)