Direct HD Receiver and Real Tivo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mitsufan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
I've got a Series II Tivo (the real one) and I wanted to get HD feed again. I used to have Dish but thier new HD receivers won't work w/ my Tivo unit. So does anyone know if I can use Direct's HD receiver and my Tivo unit. I don't want to pay for more DVR as I have the lifetime Tivo connection.

Sure, you should be able to control a H20 with a TiVo. You won't be making HD recordings, but it is usable to record HD channels "downconverted" to 480i.

Sure, you should be able to control a H20 with a TiVo. You won't be making HD recordings, but it is usable to record HD channels "downconverted" to 480i.

I know that I'm not going to be viewing things in HD on Tivo and the downside going the route I am. Does D have coax out that I then run to the Tivo box?

The HD receivers do not have a traditional RF output over coax. They have HDMI/Component/s-video/composite. I thought series 2 tivos had composite inputs on them?

In any case, you could always use an rf modulator to convert the composite output to vhf modulated coax.

TiVos come with a s-video and composite video input for external box control. Use the s-video input. You will also need to find your IR blasters if you don't already know where they are.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)