Direct Installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rhinomen

Original poster
While I am new too this forum I read as many read me first before I made this thread. I looked around and still havnt found the proper place for this question but... Here goes anyway... For the last month where I live everyone gets there internet through charter and tv through a satellite provider. Everyone here has satellite. Not exaggerating 5 4plexs all have satellite moving on. Direct tv has been out 4 seperate occasions to do the install each time charter promising and then making an excuse as to why they have yet to open the box which has 4 satellites running to it. So my only question is what kind of lock is this. Any information would be nice. Lcok.gif

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

lock1.jpg

This is what the key and lock look like. I guess it's some type of security key.

Might be worthwhile to find out who the retailer or install co was that did your neighbors. That would probably increase the likelihood of a successful install at your place.

You may have some MDU deal where the building management deals the video.

I don't know if Directv allows this...but anyhow, the little box probably has a multiswitch in it that is connected to each unit. You could bypass it but the landlord has control of his building wiring...if I understand your situation.

Joe

+ Charter is a CATC (cable TV) provider. The ped lock Chip posted could be to give their techs access to their splitters. For your unit to have Directv you have to either bypass the Charter lines or use them to feed Directv signal from a Directv dish through your locked up lines. Your video wall plate cables would ether be used or bypassed. The issuw could be the cable company doesn't want to roll a truck to help you buy from their greatest competitor.........more info plz,

Joe, again

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts