Direct PR- Dozen new Locals launch at 3AM tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobj2004

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
The press release just came out. Its on Yahoo Biz news.

The change starts at 3AM EST should take a couple of hours.

The 13 new DIRECTV local channel markets are:

Albany, N.Y.
Albuquerque-Santa Fe, N.M.
Baton Rouge, La.
Dayton, Ohio
Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Mich.
Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas
Lafayette, La.
Lexington, Ky.
Monterey-Salinas, Calif.
Omaha, Neb.
Reno, Nev.
South Bend-Elkhart, Ind.
Spokane, Wash.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040603/35619_1.html

perfect timing!!! launched on May 4th, ready for service on June 4th!!!! exactly one month. we will we see the next round go up?

scott does this deserve a mention of the home page? even just a small one?

Yep, a busy month for D*. 13 on Friday, 11 more on 6/10, 8 more on 6/17 and 10 more on 6/24. Then come on HD!!! :eek:

yes- they will install a new tri-LNB Dish for free. they couldn't be happier to give you a new dish so it makes all their work pay off and you subscibe to the channels they spent so much money getting to you.

I really like the 3lnb dish. It's much better than the SuckyDISH. I like that all my locals are on ONE dish.

mini1 said:
yes- they will install a new tri-LNB Dish for free. they couldn't be happier to give you a new dish so it makes all their work pay off and you subscibe to the channels they spent so much money getting to you.
cool, guess I better get on the phone with pegasus...before their wings are clipped :)

Just got off the phone with a csr, "you will need a 3 lnb dish 99$ no shipping and professionally installed" I told her no thanks, I get locals from E* and was upgraded free when I got them :) Will try again in a day or 2 and play the csr lottery. 119 uses same lnb as 101 right? If so I have a extra dish I can put up to check the pq and compare to E* If I have to buy one I saw a deal somewhere for 79$.

I would call and talk with customer retention. You might even be able to talk with D* directly now that they are dissolving Pegasucks.

101 Bird Is The First LNB From The Left, 110 Bird Is The Middle & 119 Is The Third LNB Or Far Right LNB
101 Has All English SD Channels
110 HD Channels
119 Para (Spanish), Also HDNet & HBO East HD (These Two Are Not On The 110 Slot)

you get a free upgrade with new locals, just like Dish Network does. it could be possible that they will not upgrade until your locals are actully online. anyway you may want to explain yourself better to the CSR and tell them it is for locals, not for HD or spanish stuff. deal with direcTV directly and not pegasucks.

mini1 said:
you get a free upgrade with new locals, just like Dish Network does. it could be possible that they will not upgrade until your locals are actully online. anyway you may want to explain yourself better to the CSR and tell them it is for locals, not for HD or spanish stuff. deal with direcTV directly and not pegasucks.
Talked with both pegasus and direct tv this morning, pegasus said 99$ for phase 3 dish. D* said at end of summer when they take over they will work with me. (dish store has them for 79$)

Status
Please reply by conversation.