Direct TV box problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lori3251

Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
6/16/2014 Direct TV genie box stops sending audio,checked everything 3 times reset same.....nothing. Call DTV have warranty service schedule visit next day.
Guy shows I'm watching Netflix so I can show him that has audio problem is with DTV box. He brings in new box hooks it up no good gets another new box hooks it up same problem. Uses component wires it works plugs back into HDMI 2 nothing switches with PS3 which is on HDMI 3 it works can I get an amen? But stop the presses when PS3 is hooked up to HDMI 2 nothing.
So you say how about HDMI 1 good question tried that nothing. Then I remember thinking it was strange the last time there was a problem with the box after they left I noticed where the original installer had placed DTV box on HDMI 1 it was now on HDMI 2 didn't think anything about it had my TV service back,
So coincidence you say I think not! Trust me I am not in the habit of tinkering with things when they are working just fine and when they go south I make the appropriate call to have the problem solved. Two count them two times DTV changed bad boxes and two times I lost HDMI ports. I did not touch anything the tech on both service calls did! On the first visit before they arrived I had three HDMI ports to choose from when they left two ports, second visit same as the first before they arrived two ports upon leaving one port. Common sense tells me it's the box!
Now, the service guy was aware I was not happy but I knew as well as he did there was nothing he could do so I signed away my life in and he was on his way and I was on the phone with DTV.
Imagine my surprise when the rep told me it was a TV problem not a DTV problem.....supervisor please. Went through the story and she tried to sell me another protection plan that would protect everything in my entertainment system and this would not go into affect until 30 days after purchase I declined her offer and replied what kind of insurance DTV carries to take care of the problem that was caused by there product. Finally she gave me the information I would need to fill out a damage claim that I will be getting in the mail.
Get this......I need to fax them a copy of a quote on how much the repair will be along with whatever else they want.
Just to set the record straight I do not work for DTV I am a customer they bill me an extraordinary amount of money every month so I can watch pay TV and whenever there is a problem with their service or equipment and I call the they fire off ways I can fix the problem myself with there help on the line. I used to jump through their hoops like a good monkey with them on the line but now I check what I think is my responsibility before I call.
So if this has happened to you or anyone you know speak up it is a Direct TV equipment problem no matter how many times a service representative tells you it's not!

No, it's almost certainly a grounding problem causing the TV HDMI port to fail. Probably not the DirecTV box itself, but the way it is connected and grounded. Something is causing a current to flow from the DirecTV box along the HDMI cable to the TV, and TV HDMI modules are notoriously susceptible to the problem. You need to check that the equipment (including the TV, and the DirecTV dish) is grounded properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts