Direct TV HD Dish and LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr.Esox

Original poster
Mar 15, 2010
ny
Guys I'm looking for a dish I can use at my second home for HD Tv, right now I have an 18 in round and want to change it out. I do not have an account at this house so Direct Tv is not an option. What would be the best route to go Craigslist or E-Bay, any idea's ?

Guys I'm looking for a dish I can use at my second home for HD Tv, right now I have an 18 in round and want to change it out. I do not have an account at this house so Direct Tv is not an option. What would be the best route to go Craigslist or E-Bay, any idea's ?

So if directv is not an option why exactly are you looking for a slimline dish?

I think he means he can't get Directv to install one at the second house since he already has service at another house. OP, you can get one from many sources, but are you going to use it only when there is no one at the first house and just move a box from one to the other? Otherwise, it would be considered account stacking and not allowed.

I think he means he can't get Directv to install one at the second house since he already has service at another house. OP, you can get one from many sources, but are you going to use it only when there is no one at the first house and just move a box from one to the other? Otherwise, it would be considered account stacking and not allowed.

Of course I am not using the service at 2 homes I wouldn't post if it was illegal . So what do you guys think is the best option in purchasing a dish.Thanks

I hope my post didn't sound accusatory, it wasn't meant that way. The best place to get a dish is the cheapest. I have no idea what might be available in your area. Craigslist is where I would start.

For low budget camp/2nd home use, can an HD receiver be connected to an older 3 lnb dish to at least pick up SD programming on 101?

They sure can. You will have to redo the antenna setup each time you move from one dish to another. If your Slimline is a swm setup, you may not have to do the setup since they auto detect.

Not if it is an H25, that will only work on an SWM dish....

You can get a Slimline 3/5 depending on which one you want/need at many places online, some are site sponsors.

You'll pay full price at the retail stores though.

Solid Signal is where I would start looking if your looking at a online retailor.

Otherwise, Craigslist or ebay.

Heres some for a decent price on Amazon as well.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...imline+3+dish&sprefix=Slimline+3+dish,aps,170

can i use this swm 3/5 on a fta box?? i have one and do not use direct !!

can i use this swm 3/5 on a fta box?? i have one and do not use direct !!

I don't think a Directv lnb will work for fta, they have different polarization IIRC. Directv is circular and fta is h/v.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)