Direct TV HD service to all TV's?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

callech

Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
Tennessee
So, I am moving to a new house (had cable in the apartment I was in), and I call AT&T to ask about their bundle package including Direct TV (I already have phone and internet through AT&T). I told the customer service rep. that I will have 3 hdtv's and I wanted 1 dvr. So she said that if I get 1 hd dvr, all I need is 2 standard receivers for the other tv's. She claimed that I will get hd on all of the tv's and I don't need a hd receiver for the other 2 tv's.

Does anyone know if that is right? I only ask because I thought it sounded weird, and I called Direct TV after that and I asked the customer service rep. if I could do that. He said I would need 2 hd receivers for the other tv's, which makes sense.

If it is right that I only need 1 hd dvr and 2 standard receivers, is there any problem with hd signal strength being carried to the other tv's or if more than 1 tv is watching hd channels at the same time?

Any help is appreciated, fyi, AT&T is offering free NFL Sunday Ticket with a new signup of Direct TV, and the price seems to be a little less.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the CSR claimed that the price she was giving me (I believe 44.99) was static, i.e. that's what the price will always be. I'm calling bs on that, but wanted to know if anyone has the same deal with them.

Thanks for your help.

The 1st CSR you talked to was full of sh*t, each HD TV will need a HD receiver. I also recommend that for the two non-HD receivers that you push for a H21 or H23 receiver, not the H20. The H20's don't have an ethernet port on them which will prevent them from making use of any applications that require a network connection such as Media Share, TVApps and the coming Multi Room Viewing features.

As for the price, nothing stays the same, past few years price increases have hit around March/April.

If you want ota tuners, then you will need the H20, the only hd receiver with ota tuners in it. Like Rad said, there is no ethernet port on it. There is no guaranty as to which model you will get. It depends upon what the tech has on the truck that day.

Only HD receivers put out an HD picture and they do it exclusively through HDMI and/or component video connections.

The AM-21 OTA tuner may eventually work reliably with all H21-3 models so the H20 is not necessarily a must have if you want OTA.

Viewing content from an HD DVR on other HD receivers is NOT a feature at this time.

The AM-21 OTA tuner may eventually work reliably with all H21-3 models so the H20 is not necessarily a must have if you want OTA.

I have 4 AM21's connected to H21 and HR2X's and they work reliably. How many AM21's do you have connected to your Dish receivers so you can provide 1st hand experience?

Viewing content from an HD DVR on other HD receivers is NOT a feature at this time.

True, this is not a feature currently available, unless you know the magic word;) But then again, nobody said it was in this thread. DirecTV has said it was a feature coming in the 2nd half of 2009 and in my response I said it was 'coming' not here now.

Does rad's experience extend to the H23 (which apparently went national less than two weeks ago)? I have yet to see anyone (having the setup or not) comment either way on the H23<->AM-21 relationship up to this point.

Does rad's experience extend to the H23 (which apparently went national less than two weeks ago)? I have yet to see anyone (having the setup or not) comment either way on the H23<->AM-21 relationship up to this point.

I just got installed today and got the HR23-700 I have the off air mod on order will let you know. The installer said it will work he has done it however only once.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)