Direct TV Plus Reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raytgal

Original poster
May 3, 2006
I have just recently switched over to Direct TV and have the Plus receiver. I would like to activate the second LNB input without having to run cabling from the dish. Is there some way I can put a splitter of some sort between the one cable coming from the dish to feed both inputs?
One other thing, It appears that this receiver is UHF capable since it has the jack for the antenna. I called Direct TV and asked them about this and they say that only the HD receivers are UHF capable. This was AFTER I ordered a UHF remote from them.:mad: I told them that this was pretty dumb since the 501 receiver I had with Dish Network had that feature 8 years ago. I really miss the UHF feature. Oh well! Direct TV says the engineering people are working on software to make all other receviers capable. Kinda slow I think.
Anyway appreciate any info regarding splitters..:hatsoff:

You have a DVR+ (R15) receiver to use the 2 inputs you must have 2 lines from the dish to the receiver. Directv dosen't have the capabilities of using separators like DISH uses on it's dual tuner receivers. Directv is supposed to have a RC32RF remote control for adding UHF to it's receivers.

Just for your information the first receiver DISH introduced in 1996 was UHF remote control.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)