DirectTV Amazing deal as a new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joseph.solari

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I just sighed up to DirectTV. I switched from Dishnetwork. This is the deal I got

Choice Xtra for 44.99 (length of two year contract)
HBO,Showtime, Cinemax for 12 months free
HD Access 9.99 (free for first 12 months)
FREE, I repeat FREE HD DVR
FREE, DVR Second ROOM
MLB Extra Innings + Superfan - 69.99 (rest of the season)

I was on the phone for over an hour and a half. Kept using the tactic of "If you want me to switch and pay the cancellation fee then do better"\

Worked out great

What were the points that you had to haggle with the most...i've posted the offer they gave me in another thread. Did you talk to a normal customer service rep?

I just sighed up to DirectTV. I switched from Dishnetwork. This is the deal I got

FREE, DVR Second ROOM

I was on the phone for over an hour and a half. Kept using the tactic of "If you want me to switch and pay the cancellation fee then do better"\

Worked out great
Please post your first bill.

FREE, DVR Second ROOM

Worked out great

Good deal.
I guess its all in luck of the draw. I talked to four different CSR's and the best they would do on the HD/DVR was 199.
I did wind up with two HD receiver and a DVR for $199 and got a $100 credit off my first bill, and some programming credits.

Trying to get the new dish...

Im trying to get the new dish from directv for free. Plus working on a way for them to throw in NFL superfan for free. Got any ideas?

I remember when I signed up in September last year negotiating for the free HD-DVR, and basically I wanted two, so I bought one and they gave me one, so $200 for 2. Then with install issues and missed appointments, I ended up with $100 extra credit and a third HR20 for free.

This during the time they had shortages of equipment too.

The point....they will do what it takes to make it right. Get to a supervisior or retentions and you will likely get what you seek, if it is reasonable.

Im trying to get the new dish from directv for free. Plus working on a way for them to throw in NFL superfan for free. Got any ideas?

If you are a new account than I can say yes there is a possibility. Explain if they want you to switch you will need the hd dvr for free just like they would give you at dish network. they usually throw in any superfans for free. I have never had an issue with them doing that.

If you are a returning customer I would try the line of I will switch to dish if I dont get the HD Dvr for free. I am very lucky 4 of my friends were unable tog et one for free (HD DVR)

I saw a new Directv add last night on G4 and they were advertising zero startup costs, so maybe deals like this will become more common. They are starting to view cable as their main competitor and startup costs will always hurt them in that department.

I am not a new customer but for a 2 year agreement I just got

2 Free HR20's and free shipping
free installation and they are reimbursing me any additional (up to $250) to fix a messed up installation prior
$20 off a month for 6 months
Free HD Access $10 off a month for 12 months

Not bad at all imho.

retention.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having an extremely tough time getting these customer service reps to budge...i dont want to push them to far or hard and just have them say the hell with it you should go to dish

Im planning on NOT missing this season NFL!

They had some sort of deal last year if you added NFL ST the first four months of programming where free!

im looking for this deal! you think they'll budge in some thing like this with free HBO, Showtime, CineMax?

Im currently a Dish Subscriber i dont want to cancel it! does DirecTV contact dish and let them know that i decided to leave them and join DirecTV?

id like the free HD DVR too!

That deal normally starts the last week of July wicked. D* won't let Dish know anything, you will have to cancel your current service.. I would wait until after D* is installed and active personally.

Im planning on NOT missing this season NFL!

They had some sort of deal last year if you added NFL ST the first four months of programming where free!

im looking for this deal! you think they'll budge in some thing like this with free HBO, Showtime, CineMax?

Im currently a Dish Subscriber i dont want to cancel it! does DirecTV contact dish and let them know that i decided to leave them and join DirecTV?

id like the free HD DVR too!

That deal starts on Thursday, I am getting extremely pissed i've been told to call back 3 different times and we go through the whole process of setting me up and then they tell me we cant authorize that package yet until thursday.

I am not a new customer but for a 2 year agreement I just got

2 Free HR20's and free shipping
free installation and they are reimbursing me any additional (up to $250) to fix a messed up installation prior
$20 off a month for 6 months
Free HD Access $10 off a month for 12 months

Not bad at all imho.

retention.jpg

Good deal.
Man I couldn't get them to budge on one HR20.
I am new though.

Hey guys -

I've been out of the retentions/hardware game for a while. I assume the HR20s going out are still the leased machines (in which case, can't imagine paying for them)?

I'm going to be moving (for real), and I am not currently under contract. I have one HR20, two HR10s, and one H10. To prepare myself for future use, I'm obviously going to be looking to replace the three "obsolete" receivers (what a disappointment). Long shot?

Hey guys -

I've been out of the retentions/hardware game for a while. I assume the HR20s going out are still the leased machines (in which case, can't imagine paying for them)?

I'm going to be moving (for real), and I am not currently under contract. I have one HR20, two HR10s, and one H10. To prepare myself for future use, I'm obviously going to be looking to replace the three "obsolete" receivers (what a disappointment). Long shot?

I think replacing 3 receivers with HR20's for free is a longshot. But getting them discounted or credit subsidized is very realistic. Maybe you can couple that with the move.

I think replacing 3 receivers with HR20's for free is a longshot. But getting them discounted or credit subsidized is very realistic. Maybe you can couple that with the move.

Kinda what I figured. But then again, while it would be nice, they wouldn't necessarily have to all be HR20s either. I would want AT LEAST one of them to be an HR20, with the remaining to be the H20 (or whatever the model of the non-DVR MPEG-4 version).

Kinda what I figured. But then again, while it would be nice, they wouldn't necessarily have to all be HR20s either. I would want AT LEAST one of them to be an HR20, with the remaining to be the H20 (or whatever the model of the non-DVR MPEG-4 version).

Thats actually pretty doable. They will give away H20's pretty easily. You might be able to swing 1 HR20 and 2 H20's for a very low price. Only way to find out is call Directv, talk to retention and ask.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts