DirectTV Amazing deal as a new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I tried emailing DTV with an offer but they blew me off with a generic reply. Guess I'll try calling them. Is there a best time to call; morning, afternoon, evening? Weekday, weekend? thanks

I must say reading this forum makes me wonder about the integrity of people. I will not xfer "shoppers" to the CRG group if they are just looking to get a bunch of free programing and hassle me about how they are not getting this and that. If someone has a real complaint or is almost up in there contract and might be thinking about going to another company I will offer them a few deals on programming to save a few bucks. depending on the issue at hand a CRG might be appropriate. Please Leave us CSR to handle real issues and not call for free everything.

I'm of the mindset that I shouldn't have to pay such a high upfront cost for HD DVR boxes compared to my cable company just to get Sunday Ticket that only DirecTV offers. DirecTV is the only company today that charges an upfront fee for an HD DVR box and sadly they are also the only company that has NFL Sunday Ticket. I might just say that I have a right to request a deal just to match other companies just on the sheer fact they have an exclusive deal on the NFL.

I don't consider myself as getting anything for free as I consider it as DirecTV matching every fricking companies prices. When I consider my normal monthly DirecTV costs it happens to be the same as Comcast Cable with the HD DVR fees minus 70 bucks for internet and phone service. If the DirecTV programming was say twenty bucks less a month I wouldn't care about a small upfront cost but that isn't the case.

So again yes I'm getting hardware free but its not really free now is it. This is no different than Comcast offering their triple play premier bundled discount. Well I do see one difference and that is that with Comcast I don't have to call nine times and beg for the bundled price like with DirecTV.

Also I believe that nobody is ever really getting anything free so lets just get this out of our minds. Instead of giving all customers a bundled discount like Comcast does DirecTV simply decided they will only provide those big discounts to customers that call (educated customers) who are far less likely to cancel services "and" far more likely to have high bills every month.

something to keep in mind:

i dont have dtv. i cancelled after two days... however cox cable here in vegas charges somewhere around $15 for HDDVR service... You get the box leased, IPG, all that...

But you actually end up paying more in the long run. How much more? Depends on the length of your time with the provider. 12 months with that $15 fee comes to $180. If you buy leased equipment from directv for $200, and keep a 24 month contract, you end up saving $160 right?

24 mo @ $15/mo = $360
or
one time fee $200

So that is what they pitch to consumers. I personally like the idea of my cable co having a new box THAT DAY if i need one, and that they will always have new stuff as it comes out. DTV said that they will not offer upgraded equipment even though your box is leased unless your box breaks, and they no longer have any of the current model to replace it with.

Thats my two cents.

just to keep in mind my cable company charges a 5 dollar charge/month for hd-dvr feature, plus that includes the "dvr" feature in that price. So all cable companies are dirrerent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)