DirectTV Amazing deal as a new customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did not get that great a deal, as the one posted. But I did get a second second HD-DVR for 19.95. Cant complain about that!

I had called a couple times last week, and was previously quoted 199.95

Last edited:
any number to call because i call and they dont want to budge in.

This is the number I used 1-800-531-5000, I think its just a regular customer service number, I had previously called two times and was given a 199 price, third time worked for me.

Theres no direct line to retention anymore. They have codes that they rotate so folks dont go directly through. So you have to go the first level CSR's and ask for retention as Alvarez mentioned. Its a pain but where else can you save 100-300 bucks in a half an hour or so and not be Insurance.

I found the best way to get retention is to send an email. If it is beyond the help the email reader can do, they send your email to 'special services' and boom - retention is calling you.

Thats actually pretty doable. They will give away H20's pretty easily. You might be able to swing 1 HR20 and 2 H20's for a very low price. Only way to find out is call Directv, talk to retention and ask.

Got my two HR10s replaced with HR20s, and my H10 replaced with an H20. Charged me $99 for the two HR20s, but gave it back to me in a credit. Nice!

i got tired playing with the CSR's... called like 20 times first asking for a deal to switch.

finnally i called and ask for a supervisor the csr told me what kind of deal did i want i just told him it was a must for an HD-DVR.

told me that it cost 199.99 i told them that Dish Network Offered it to me for free

he told me that he was gonna give me a $99 credit on my first bill and then get $10 credits for 10 months

got Superfan free

HD and DVR fee waived for a whole year, lol funny part was because i dont have hd locals.

5.99 fee some kind of protecting.

i think i got a good deal for my needs.

paying 65.99 for the NFL ST promotion with Premiere Package is not bad

not ass good but i was tired of them flapping their gums about how terrible Dish is!

Good job folks. All look like great deals. Now where's the HD again (waiting impatiently)?? NFL is just around the corner. Come on August.

i got tired playing with the CSR's... called like 20 times first asking for a deal to switch.

finnally i called and ask for a supervisor the csr told me what kind of deal did i want i just told him it was a must for an HD-DVR.

told me that it cost 199.99 i told them that Dish Network Offered it to me for free

he told me that he was gonna give me a $99 credit on my first bill and then get $10 credits for 10 months

got Superfan free

HD and DVR fee waived for a whole year, lol funny part was because i dont have hd locals.

5.99 fee some kind of protecting.

i think i got a good deal for my needs.

paying 65.99 for the NFL ST promotion with Premiere Package is not bad

not ass good but i was tired of them flapping their gums about how terrible Dish is!

How many additional receivers do you have? Deals like this are what make me want to cancel my pending order and say screw it; directv has been nothing but a pain for me so far.

How many additional receivers do you have? Deals like this are what make me want to cancel my pending order and say screw it; directv has been nothing but a pain for me so far.

Yeah, you would think it would be a little more uniform.

i just got one receiver and its the HD-DVR..

just ask for retention next time its stupid talking to the CSR's.

i paid for the HD-DVR but in the long run im getting that money back! After Footbal is over im going to downgrade to the lowest possible package on top wit a $10 credit.

i told the CSR that gave me the deal that iwanted to talk to their supervisor cuz i was tired of them talking about Dish. i told them that why are they bad? Because they're giving me an HD-DVR for free? everything went smoothly from there!

I just noticed the ad for Comcast in my post. I have no idea how it got in there. Mods feel free to delete it.

I just sighed up to DirectTV. I switched from Dishnetwork. This is the deal I got

Choice Xtra for 44.99 (length of two year contract)
HBO,Showtime, Cinemax for 12 months free
HD Access 9.99 (free for first 12 months)
FREE, I repeat FREE HD DVR
FREE, DVR Second ROOM
MLB Extra Innings + Superfan - 69.99 (rest of the season)

I was on the phone for over an hour and a half. Kept using the tactic of "If you want me to switch and pay the cancellation fee then do better"\

Worked out great

i ordered directv last night, switching from dish, they said they couldnt do the hddvr for free, even though dish does. guess im calling back today to try again :)

i ordered directv last night, switching from dish, they said they couldnt do the hddvr for free, even though dish does. guess im calling back today to try again :)

Definitely push the issue. At least get a deal with a discounted price or credit offsets. The HR20 is the best unit and the one to get.

Hey guys, I'd like some advice. First off, I've been a Dish customer for nine years. I really want NFL Sunday Ticket and, of course, the best deal possible if finally making the switch to DirecTV. This is what I would like to have:

-A free HD/DVR receiver
-Free HD/DVR service for 12 months or so
-A free second standard receiver (no additional fee for having a second receiver)
-NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan
-The 'Choice' package
-Free installation
-No activation fee

In your opinion, how much would this cost me?

Hey guys, I'd like some advice. First off, I've been a Dish customer for nine years. I really want NFL Sunday Ticket and, of course, the best deal possible if finally making the switch to DirecTV. This is what I would like to have:

-A free HD/DVR receiver
-Free HD/DVR service for 12 months or so
-A free second standard receiver (no additional fee for having a second receiver)
-NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan
-The 'Choice' package
-Free installation
-No activation fee

In your opinion, how much would this cost me?

It all depends on what you can negotiate. The only way to know is call and see what they will offer. I would shoot for all free plus cost of Sunday Ticket so around $250 and cost of choice. No matter what you will have lease cost for any receiver after the first one. But I would shoot at least for free hardware, free installation, Free Super Fan, and free HD for 6-12 months. That should be good right?

It all depends on what you can negotiate. The only way to know is call and see what they will offer. I would shoot for all free plus cost of Sunday Ticket so around $250 and cost of choice. No matter what you will have lease cost for any receiver after the first one. But I would shoot at least for free hardware, free installation, Free Super Fan, and free HD for 6-12 months. That should be good right?

Yes, that's sounds good. Thanks very much. When requesting the HD/DVR receiver, I should specify the HR20, right?

DirecTV's current deal, NFL ST + Premier 69.99 for 4 months seems okay too. I would really like to have HD though.

One more thing, what is this 'retention' that everyone is talking about? I assume this is for current DirecTV customers looking to get a new deal?

Yes, that's sounds good. Thanks very much. When requesting the HD/DVR receiver, I should specify the HR20, right?

DirecTV's current deal, NFL ST + Premier 69.99 for 4 months seems okay too. I would really like to have HD though.

One more thing, what is this 'retention' that everyone is talking about? I assume this is for current DirecTV customers looking to get a new deal?

Yes ask for HR20 HD DVR. Retention is for existing folks that are looking to leave. That NFL ST rates looks good too. Just be nice, try and see what you can do. I would try as many HR20's as you can as they are the best units. The H20 non-DVR is ok as well as the R15 non-HD DVR but the HR20 is definately by far the unit to go with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)