Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I just dropped my Mini from my account as my adult son has finally moved out (YEAH!!!), and I'm down to one TV.

Previously they indicated that you could either take the box to the post office, which gets you no good way to track to them, or to FedEX.

Now they don't indicate anything at all about FedEX, though it is still smartpost. So can I still take it to Fedex or has it changed enough to not allow that??

Smartpost is a combo of Fedex and USPS. One takes it some of the way, then the other takes it the rest of the way. I just dropped my smart post off at the USPS and let them start it.

Last time I sent things back, I could track from the post office to 'shippers agent' or some such. Never all the way to Direct.

Is tracking all the way now possible?

Not if you use the prepaid service through Directv. I was talking generically that the Postal Service now has tracking like UPS does.

i just received a return box yesterday with smartpost return labels. All the instructions on the box say to have usps pickup or drop at the post office but the instructions on the smartpost website say you can also take it to FedEx.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/returns.html

If you type a smartpost tracking number into google it will give you usps and fedex tracking links.

I'm closer to FedEx so I'll take my package there first and USPS second if I have to.

Just incase anyone is wondering. The SmartPost return label has two tracking numbers, The first one under the USPS Parcel barcode is for USPS pickup and the second set of numbers under the bottom barcode is for movement through FedEx.
The FedEx number is divided into 3 sections, the first section with (XXXXXXX) you can ignore. Just use the 2nd and 3rd sections for your tracking number.

The little sticker you keep from the bottom of the return label only has the USPS number and not the FedEx. I would recommend taking a picture of the label to have a record of both numbers. Being a dropped my return at FedEx the USPS tracking number never worked but the FedEx showed all movement until delivered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts