H24-100 "tuner 1: not acquired"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rlorton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2009
MO
We're in a motorhome with a KVH antenna and an h24-100 receiver. System was working fine when we left our camground this a/m for a new camp. After we got in thenew place we turned the antenna on and it searched for a bit then stopped. The DTV box in the test signal strength menu shows no signas strength on any of the transponders and when you search Sat 101 transponder 1 the strength bar is blank and a message, "tuner 1 not acquired" is above the bar. I called for help but when i told them I had a KVH automatic antenna they said I'd have to get help from KVH etc. What does that message mean?
Ron

We're in a motorhome with a KVH antenna and an h24-100 receiver. System was working fine when we left our camground this a/m for a new camp. After we got in thenew place we turned the antenna on and it searched for a bit then stopped. The DTV box in the test signal strength menu shows no signas strength on any of the transponders and when you search Sat 101 transponder 1 the strength bar is blank and a message, "tuner 1 not acquired" is above the bar. I called for help but when i told them I had a KVH automatic antenna they said I'd have to get help from KVH etc. What does that message mean?
Ron

Looks like your signal may be blocked ... are there trees where your at or other obstructions ?

That's the way it's acting with one difference. When we've bee in a place where the signal is blocked by trees the antenna just keeps searching till you shut it off. What it does now is run thru its three modes of search and then stop looking. I know the connections are good because when I reset the receiver the antenna wakes up and does a search. We'll be moving in a day or two to another place so we'll give it a try there. Thanks for the reply!!
Ron

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)