DirectTV-ETV Telugu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satvad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
Any info on how to get just the ETV Telugu without subscribing to other channels. Dish network changes a $5 program access fee if we choose only international channel with out any local packages. Is there a similar way we can get the international channels from Direct TV? Appreciate any info on this.

Thanks,
satvad

Yes, but it says You must first subscribe to the DIRECTV® BASIC ($9.99/mo). However I did not see any package for this price listed under basic packages. I guess I can call customer service, but I don't have much confidence on the info we get on phone. If any of you had experience with this type of subscription, that will help me. From that webside I read it as follows.

1. I have to pay $9.95 + International channel price ($14.95)
2. Free install
3. possibly free dvr upgrade?

I am trying to get some clear info before calling the customer service, so that I can ask correct questions.

What is that we get from BASIC ($9.95) if it is available. Since I could not able to see this listed under the package offerings I am little confused.

Thanks,
satvad

did you see this part:

Just subscribe to any South Asian package (HindiDirect, Aastha, BanglaDirect, GujaratiDirect, TeluguDirect or TamilDirect) with your annual commitment to any qualifying international services base programming ($9.99/mo. or above). Offer ends 11/5/05 and is available on approved credit.

ORDERING PACKAGES
Just call 1-800-378-3309 to order and to learn more about pricing and equipment requirements.

Hi: Yes I saw that one. However above that paragraph it says """""""You must first subscribe to the DIRECTV® BASIC ($9.99/mo) or DIRECTV® PREFERRED CHOICE™ ($29.99/mo) international base package, or any TOTAL CHOICE® ($41.99/mo. or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS® ($29.99/mo. or above) base package. Then, just pick which South Asian service you would like to add. Annual commitment required. .

So I assumed the special offer is the free 2 months, but still they may ask me to subscribe to the BASIC. I guess I have to call them to find out. I thought if some one already had experience with this offer, that may enlighten me. I will try to call them tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks,
satvad

I guess your questions are what includes in the Basic package, and is it a must ?

1) Basic package has 50 channels, most are locals, music, shopping. Not worth to watch.

2) Yes, it a must. You must subscribe to it, to have the other.

If you order, call Valueelectronic better, since they offer member discount.

Not to change the subject...but does anyone know if that is available via "free to air", that might be a more cost effective option than Dtv? I know that they have allot of international stuff but since I dont have an FTA system I dont know if that channel is available.
Just a thought
Stephen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)