DirectTV Genie Adv WH HD DVR continuous reboot after getts to building system schedule screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eternia2011

Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Illinois
This started this morning, and has done it all day with three manual resets and then I unplugged the receiver for 1 min and rebooted and still doing it. I just got off the phone with tech support and they tell me everyone with this receiver is having this problem and their engineers are working to fix it but it will take 24 to 48 hours to fix and there is nothing else they can do. She said it wasn't a problem with my receiver but a system wide problem. I asked about a credit for the down time and tech support said no. Is anyone else having this problem or did the lady I spoke with not know what she was talking about? Thanks! I'm new to the forum hope I am posting this in the correct spot. I also have a dual tuner HD DVR and two of the small standard receivers without DVRs in my house.

I am having the same problem. Mine started about a week ago. The receiver locks up several minutes before it goes to a gray screen and then auto-reboots. Sometimes it will go a couple of hours between reboots and sometimes only a few minutes. I also received no true help from tech support.

Mines not, Had it Since May and never an issue.

And this is not a Known issue either.

I suggest you call Directv back.

I Highly doubt Directv would tell you this is normal for them to reboot every few hours.
This thread sounds Fishy. Not saying you don't have and issue, But customers service would send out a tech for sure if you're having constant reboots.

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys Patch7, rlcorbett, and eternia2011!

What software version is having this problem?

I saw about 5 people at DBS talk with complaints, I'm assuming 05D3, cause that where their complaint is. But I've had that software since October 31'st, and never a hiccup!

I looked at the Firmware page, and thats the only software I see for the HR34.

This seems to be the fix!

press the red button and do a reset
when it gets to step 2 of 2 hit the red button again for another reset.

This will reset the guide data and fix the problem

Yes, that's a temporary fix. DirecTv is investigating the problem so it can be fixed permanently.

Mines not, Had it Since May and never an issue.

And this is not a Known issue either.

I suggest you call Directv back.

I Highly doubt Directv would tell you this is normal for them to reboot every few hours.
This thread sounds Fishy. Not saying you don't have and issue, But customers service would send out a tech for sure if you're having constant reboots.
I have also had this since May 2013 and Genie/ Client would reset once or twice a week. This week it has restarted daily. This morning I reset it an had the equipment look for new software which downloaded. My system has already restarted again this evening. This is very frustrating and I do not have to pay for my Direct TV service! I can't imagine what it is like to be paying for it. My mother also "upgraded" from the HR24 to the Genie this summer. Her device also restarts several times a week?!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)