DirectTV HD receiver and Tivo Series 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markal05

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Had a question on hooking my tivo up to my Direct TV HD receiver. Can this be done? How? Will I lose my HD signal. Would appreciate all the help. Thanks.

If you have 2 inputs to your TV, thats the best way to go. Use the second output from your HD Receiver to run a line to your TIVO then run that to a second input on the TV. That way you still have HD to your TV thru the first input. I didn't care for the picture I was getting through my TIVO Series II so I moved it to one of the Bedrooms. Time to get a 199$ HR10-250 w/tivo. even though I have 3 tivo's in the rest of the house, It's still the best piece of Entertainment Equipment ever invented.

Plywodstatebum said:
If you have 2 inputs to your TV, thats the best way to go. Use the second output from your HD Receiver to run a line to your TIVO then run that to a second input on the TV. That way you still have HD to your TV thru the first input. I didn't care for the picture I was getting through my TIVO Series II so I moved it to one of the Bedrooms. Time to get a 199$ HR10-250 w/tivo. even though I have 3 tivo's in the rest of the house, It's still the best piece of Entertainment Equipment ever invented.

where's the $199 HR10-250 available?

Call D* and thell them you want the 299$ offer you read about in the forums, and the 100$ rebate and anything else you can get them to offer you. Some people have been getting them for nuttin with all the discounts they been getting. You need to be a D* customer in good standing is about the only thing. The number is 1-800-600-8977 retension Dept. if you don't get what you want keep calling back till you do. They been going like hotcakes. so get one while you can. They do have to install you can't do your own install.

Thanks for all the help. I have the h10 but I have already paid for the lifetime service with tivo so I only needed to know how to hook up my stand alone tivo with my hd receiver. I was able to do it successfully and switch back and fourth between hd tv and regular tv analog programming. Thanks for helping a newbie!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts