DirectTV OTA Frustrations

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had to do the waiver thing as well. That does suck as it's not what Directv has on their website concerning this.

What's odd is I have CBS-HD distant network feed by default, which I didn't have before.

I got my postcard yesterday and received waivers from cbs, nbc, and fox. I was denied by abc, which is now my strongest ota channel. I will be okay now until the locals are on sat. i think it took about 3 weeks for them to come through.

rick

Wow! As a newbie getting ready to switch from cable to D* in order to get Sunday Ticket, I have to say that this thread is making me question how badly I want to watch my beloved Bears.

I just moved down to Dallas (Southlake). I currently have a plasma w/ built in decoder. My plan was to go with Directv DVR, purchase an OTA and capture local channels OTA. My reasoning is twofold: (1) I am only interested in Sports and Primetime in HD (Superbowl, NCAA, Masters, CSI etc...); (2) My tv already has a built in decoder so I thought OTA would give me what i wanted.

However, I am not technically inclined; have no interest in spending weekends and evenings on my roof, or on the phone trying to sort out an issue that comes quite easily as I currently sit here with HD locals via cable; and this whole waiver thing has me speaking in tongues.

Am I off base in my original thinking here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.