DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv Transpoders Going Hot!!!

I just checked 103 b, most of the Transponders are putting out hot signal levels. Only 1, 2, and 3 were 0. They may try something in the morning!

get all 0's in South Carolina, hr20, with slimline 5 lnb set up... signal on on all the rest of the sats are @90's.... guess i'll have to wait to it's fully implented???
Hi:
I'm in NC. I get mid to high 90's(101, 110 & 119). I am averaging 95 for 103b. When you check 103b do you wait at least a couple of mins.? Are you checking the transponder signal strengths for the satellites? That is what we are referring to.

I have been with it all along!

You need to pay more attention! Only Transponder 11 had signal and that was on and off at times. Now almost all of them are HOT! If you had had a satellite as long as I have, and had been through all the different times they turned on a bird. You would know what this means!

Even thought we can not see anything right now, channels are be broadcast! If you had a wide open system you could see them. They are doing what is know as a burn-in, before they let the rest of us see them. They are working out any last minute bugs.

Last night I kept waking up ad checking the signal strengths, and was shocked to fnd many of, then at other times some were on, and some were off.

I just can't wait to see some VIDEO off of the new satellite. :D

Im really looking forward to the new channels. Guess just have to wait and see what and when the channels go live.

From a marketing angle, if I'm D* and I've invested as much as they have on the Emmy after-party, I'd leverage it by having a count-down and launch of the new channels there. That would be a pretty slick promotion.

(I mentioned this in another thread, but it closed almost immediately.)

The lowest I have is 70, the highest is 80. Should I look into re-aligning my dish????

I remember one installer telling me 75 would be the minimum he would like to see.

I had the same problem. I did some adjusting and got it to almost 90. I'd do more, but it's on the roof, and it's hard to get up there. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem. I did some adjusting and got it to almost 90. I'd do more, but it's on the roof, and it's hard to get up there. :rolleyes:

Hopefully when you adjusted your dish to get the higher signals on the new 103(b) sat, you did not lose too much on the other sats.
Have you check all the sats since you adjusted ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts