DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could you give me tips on how to do that. I will attempt to do mine tonight. PM me if you wish!

Ill put it in here for use by someone else, plus others can add to it.

First thing I did was "repeat satellite setup" in the setup menu of the HR20. Put in your zip and it gives you AZIMUTH,ELEV and TILT.

I then go out there and visually check tilt and elev. If they are OK, could be a tree/object messing with your LOS OR the AZ was not set properly.

You can either use a compass, or loosen the bolts where the dish sets on the pole and SLOWLY turn it 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch at a time in either direction. Make sure before you begin, you mark the dish bracket and the pole with a sharpie so you can always go back to your original AZ.

I dont have a compass, so I always just loosened the bolts, and turn the dish a bit, then wait, then turn it a bit while either checking the hr20 signal meter or having someone yell to me.

When I installed my new dish, I set TILT and ELEV on the ground then set the slimline on the pole and snugged the bolts enough to where they were just loose enough to turn it. I then slowly turned it into what I knew was the right direction until I got a SS I wanted.

I did this before 103 went live, and since it has my 103 SS numbers are very good. I think some installers(like the one that did my inlaws) left people with AZ's, ELEV's and TILTS that are not entirely accurate.

PM me with any other questions.

My first 3 read 0... All the rest are in High 80's low 90's. Except 17, only reads around 12. On Saturday 1 and 3 were in the Low 90's. I live in Gunnison, Colorado

TPs 1-3 show 0.
TP 4-97
TP 5-83
TP 6-92
TP 7-89
TP 8- 95
TP 9-89
TP 10-94
TP 11-98
TP 12-95
TP 13-98
TP 14-95
TP 17-95
TP 22-97
The rest of the TPs not listed show as N/A.Middle TN area.

Ill put it in here for use by someone else, plus others can add to it.

First thing I did was "repeat satellite setup" in the setup menu of the HR20. Put in your zip and it gives you AZIMUTH,ELEV and TILT.

I then go out there and visually check tilt and elev. If they are OK, could be a tree/object messing with your LOS OR the AZ was not set properly.

You can either use a compass, or loosen the bolts where the dish sets on the pole and SLOWLY turn it 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch at a time in either direction. Make sure before you begin, you mark the dish bracket and the pole with a sharpie so you can always go back to your original AZ.

I dont have a compass, so I always just loosened the bolts, and turn the dish a bit, then wait, then turn it a bit while either checking the hr20 signal meter or having someone yell to me.

When I installed my new dish, I set TILT and ELEV on the ground then set the slimline on the pole and snugged the bolts enough to where they were just loose enough to turn it. I then slowly turned it into what I knew was the right direction until I got a SS I wanted.

I did this before 103 went live, and since it has my 103 SS numbers are very good. I think some installers(like the one that did my inlaws) left people with AZ's, ELEV's and TILTS that are not entirely accurate.

PM me with any other questions.

I ran the set up again, and according to my location they are set right..
If O dont get my signal level up sitting at 40% on that new sat, is not going to work..Might have to move it..

My first 3 read 0... All the rest are in High 80's low 90's. Except 17, only reads around 12. On Saturday 1 and 3 were in the Low 90's. I live in Gunnison, Colorado

Any ideas why 4-14 and 22 would basically read 90 and 17 would read 12... Is 17 a spot beam?

I ran the set up again, and according to my location they are set right..
If O dont get my signal level up sitting at 40% on that new sat, is not going to work..Might have to move it..

Guess iS hould be more specific on this..

First of all this what I get.

101 - ok
110 - ok
119 - ok
99 - Failed
103a - ok
103b - ok

Then it reads after that. : The REcorder has dectected an error while confirming sat sat dish setup. Your dish type is set to 5 LNB Multi Say, but the recorder only detects 5 sats.
Please fix to ensure you receive all channels properly.

I am wondering why trans. #5 went from hi 90's to low(80) recently? All other trans. readings are in hi 90's for me.

Guess iS hould be more specific on this..

First of all this what I get.

101 - ok
110 - ok
119 - ok
99 - Failed
103a - ok
103b - ok

Then it reads after that. : The REcorder has dectected an error while confirming sat sat dish setup. Your dish type is set to 5 LNB Multi Say, but the recorder only detects 5 sats.
Please fix to ensure you receive all channels properly.

99 Fails on mine too.

High 80's/low 90's on all active tp's a beautiful upstate NY day :) We had to tweak my roomates dish a bit, just peaked 101 as best we could and everything came in very well!

I think they're still working it into position or at least i hope so ... all my reading are in the high 60's and low 70's ... on the west coast so i'm thinking most of the high readings are midwest or east coast, if not the new hd channels may be a problem out here since i have really good readings (hi 80's to mid 90's) on all the active satellites.

I think they're still working it into position or at least i hope so ... all my reading are in the high 60's and low 70's ... on the west coast so i'm thinking most of the high readings are midwest or east coast, if not the new hd channels may be a problem out here since i have really good readings (hi 80's to mid 90's) on all the active satellites.

You might want to check the tread IIRC there have been reports from folks in the west coast with 90 readings on 103(B). Are you also seeing readings on any of the tranponders for 99(B) and 103(A) in the 90's? You can have readings in the 80/90's on 101/110/119 and still need a tweak on the alignment for 99/103, the Ka signal is a lot more picky to exact alignment.

My readings are anywhere from the mid-30s to the low 50s for the transponders on 103 (b). Obviously, I need a little realignment on the dish. So, I call D* to set it up (knowing full well they're about to be flooded with calls for the same thing). The CSR thinks I'm referring to local HDs (which are not available in my area), and says I shouldn't be getting them anyway.

I politely explain to him that I'm referring to the new satellite providing the new, national HDs. He says that's not going live until Wednesday (not that you can trust a CSR), and if there's no issue, he can't do anything. I told him that you can already get a signal from that sat, and my numbers are low. I further explained there would be an issue on Wednesday and to schedule the service call after that. He still wouldn't do it.

So, I guess I will have to call back Wednesday and schedule the realignment. I just think it's ridiculous. I'm just not real happy with D* right now, or my installer.

My readings are anywhere from the mid-30s to the low 50s for the transponders on 103 (b). Obviously, I need a little realignment on the dish. So, I call D* to set it up (knowing full well they're about to be flooded with calls for the same thing). The CSR thinks I'm referring to local HDs (which are not available in my area), and says I shouldn't be getting them anyway.

I politely explain to him that I'm referring to the new satellite providing the new, national HDs. He says that's not going live until Wednesday (not that you can trust a CSR), and if there's no issue, he can't do anything. I told him that you can already get a signal from that sat, and my numbers are low. I further explained there would be an issue on Wednesday and to schedule the service call after that. He still wouldn't do it.

So, I guess I will have to call back Wednesday and schedule the realignment. I just think it's ridiculous. I'm just not real happy with D* right now, or my installer.

Just tell him you cant get 103a for locals and get a date scheduled to fix dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.