DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bummer. How about something wrong with 101!!! :D

I guess I could've tried that. I'll probably just wait til the channels go live on Wednesday (or whenever) and call back. So much for a pre-emptive service call. :rolleyes:

I guess I could've tried that. I'll probably just wait til the channels go live on Wednesday (or whenever) and call back. So much for a pre-emptive service call. :rolleyes:

I knocked a tree down and it was going to fall on the power lines at any time. I called the power company to tell them it was going to go and hit the lines at some point so please send someone out to fix. They refused, I put number on speed dial, went to bed, wind picked up, I heard the tree go, guess what, no power. Called them up, they fixed all of it and power back in hours. Could have been easier on everyone (daylight versus 1 AM).

I knocked a tree down and it was going to fall on the power lines at any time. I called the power company to tell them it was going to go and hit the lines at some point so please send someone out to fix. They refused, I put number on speed dial, went to bed, wind picked up, I heard the tree go, guess what, no power. Called them up, they fixed all of it and power back in hours. Could have been easier on everyone (daylight versus 1 AM).
Power company wouldn't have gotten double time pay then!:rolleyes:

Continue off topic: my wife works for the local power company and their policy for trees and powerlines is to clear around the lines so that during normal (non-windy) times, the branches do not touch the line. This is a blind policy, so even if the tree is leaning and the root ball is showing, they will only trim the "potentially dangerous" branches. The actual removal or further maintenance of the tree is your (landowners') responsibility only. That is until the tree actually falls all the way down and interrupts power. Then they will come out, cut around as needed, then hook the lines back up. You still have to clear the fallen tree from your yard. Their excuse is they are not a tree-trimming operation, and it is easier for them to not set a precedent and just call their crews out at 1AM (they are on standby and getting paid regardless of time of day).

I think it is time to close this thread. Most of the post seem to have nothing to do with the original.

I think it is time to close this thread. Most of the post seem to have nothing to do with the original.
We can't post on topic untill we have a channel launch.I think we have heard just about every part of the countrys Signal strengths reports.Maybe your right,this thread has ran its course.

I've been seeing transponder#5 fall in signal
strenght all day...it is now "zero" for me...
I suspect that it may be a local spotbeam...
anyone else?? (started the day @90)

I've been seeing transponder#5 fall in signal
strenght all day...it is now "zero" for me...
I suspect that it may be a local spotbeam...
anyone else?? (started the day @90)
to tell you the truth ,I've seen them do alot of crazy stuff. I'm not so sure they are done up there yet.

Yesterday i got zero's on 1,2,3 & 17. Now getting 17 and zero's on 1,2 & 3. high 80's, low 90's on all other tp's in NYC.

not happy with dtv they must be hiring csr's directly from *ish

called to setup my repoints

on hold for 1 hour only to find out the y have my old:cool: address in mt and cnt change addy to mn as it should be

took them a hour to figure that out and now claim cpu problems so i have to call back in 3-4 hours or tomorrow to finally get this situation resolved

i expect this from *ish but not dtv

dtv dont get to complacent with yourself's otherwise youre just asking for trouble

patiently waiting for repoints in anticipation of upcoming hd

not happy with dtv they must be hiring csr's directly from *ish

called to setup my repoints

on hold for 1 hour only to find out the y have my old:cool: address in mt and cnt change addy to mn as it should be

took them a hour to figure that out and now claim cpu problems so i have to call back in 3-4 hours or tomorrow to finally get this situation resolved

i expect this from *ish but not dtv

dtv dont get to complacent with yourself's otherwise youre just asking for trouble

patiently waiting for repoints in anticipation of upcoming hd
Real busy time for D* right now. E* is like this always. So cut D* some slack. They will hook you up!

Real busy time for D* right now. E* is like this always. So cut D* some slack. They will hook you up!
well i had a service call 2 weeks ago bout repoints and was told you have best signal i can get, yet at any hint of cloud cover/ rain severe macroblocking or 771 searching for sat signal, its been going on for awhile and ive bit my tongue well no longer, i pay my bill id like to actually watch some of the hd programming

ill cut them some slack as i guarntee the tech that was last out here will never stepfoot on my property again

but well see how long i have to wait for service call once their cpus are up and running again

hemi 6.1, you be just as upset as i am if you were in my shoes imho

My system was installed 2 weeks ago. On my HR20 I am getting readings in the 30's thru 60's for all transponders on 103b. The readings for 119 & 110 are all in the 90's. Would this indicate that I need to get my dish realigned?

Well I see transponders 1,2,3 after being
all zero for quite a while now, have all gone
hot again(in the 90's for me)...I would not
plan on any adjustments to my dish just
now, based on these signal readings...they
are apparently still playing with the transponders.....low/no readings mean nothing at this point!

Thanks for the help....I just got a little worried with everyone else having readings in the 90's. I'll wait for Wednesday (fingers crossed) and see how things look.

My system was installed 2 weeks ago. On my HR20 I am getting readings in the 30's thru 60's for all transponders on 103b. The readings for 119 & 110 are all in the 90's. Would this indicate that I need to get my dish realigned?
My guess is yes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.