DirecTV 10 Signal Reading Thread(Transponders are Hot!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutman
I have YES and SNY 4 meg so my bbs work, but I only get 53 on tuner 2 and no sinal on tuner 1 in upstate NY with hr20

You don't need the BBCs to get SNY HD or YES HD. Could be a combination of a bad BBC on one tuner and an improperly aimed dish.

Are you sure...I remember not getting any signal until i hooked up BBCs.

I believe they were probably making sure it is in align for the launch and now that it is late, they are done testing. That is why it is 0 now. Look again late afternoon and see whats up. It will be this weekend!!!!! It better be this weekend!!!

103 a

I am getting weak sig from 103a transponders 2,4,6 nothing over 20% I am getting all 0 all 103b :confused:
Southeast KY 06:20AM
Hitachi 50V500a
HR20 100S
5LNB Slimline dish
Denon avr 685 receiver
Toshiba HD-A20 DVD

Middle TN area here,checked the 103b signal on 3 occasions yesterday afternoon.We were getting consistant 98 signal on TP 11.

I believe they were probably making sure it is in align for the launch and now that it is late, they are done testing. That is why it is 0 now. Look again late afternoon and see whats up. It will be this weekend!!!!! It better be this weekend!!!

The smart money is on September 19. I wouldn't waste too much time over the weekend looking for new channels. The only specific date DirecTV has ever mentioned is September 19. Shareholders and investors meetings are on the 17th and 18th. Likely that DirecTV plans to announce the 19th "officially" at these meetings.

So far this morning all zeros

Surprise,AZ

I think it's obvious that DirecTV was simply verifying (or fine tuning) that DirecTV 10 was in its assigned parking spot at 102.8 degrees W by broadcasting test signals on TP 11 yesterday. The bird was being put through its paces in "engineering mode" while it was located at 102.6 degrees.

I think the satellite is ready at this point, and I think it's unlikely that we will see any transponders lighting up again until prime time on the 19th.

Not so sure what is obvious or not - they were certainly working with the sat yesterday - but I think its safe to assume that we will have some new channels by Sunday evening.

Middle TN area here,checked the 103b signal on 3 occasions yesterday afternoon.We were getting consistant 98 signal on TP 11.

D* must be doing something with the 103 bird this morning.Went in to check signal strengths.It showed all zeroes on 103b.When I tried to exit the menu,I got a "Live TV Conflict" message on the screen and had to reboot the receiver (HR20-700).Is anyone else experiencing this issue currently?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)