Directv 101 sat going out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
has anyone else seen this? I have seen it last night at home, the whole 101 sat loses signal, then came back after a while. I noticed it at a business I was just at this afternoon, Fox News was out and their screen said "searching for satellite". I wonder if the new sat at 101 is being positioned to take over??

This is the 5th or 6th report (rather small % wise) that I have readthis and I constantly jump to the reported channel, but don't see the same thing. Is there anyone else out there the DOES NOT see this either?

DirecTV8 will be slotted at 101w but I never read it was the replacement for the current bird; I thought that was going to be DirecTV9s

I noticed last nite that transponders 30 and 32 were out for a little while last.
All the cinemax channels were out for about 5 minutes last nite.
I called tech support and the csr said they were aware of the problem but didn't
say what the problem was

When I got home from work last night Sat. 101 on TP1 No Signal. It Took About A Half Hour to get it back. Some of the other TPs had good signal but not TP1. Some of the channels were up & some were out.

My Sat 101 is gone, started about 5 to 6 day ago, initially I though it was the weather, we had a big storm for a few days in a row. I kept getting a message say it could not find the signal. I am still not getting any signal from one satellite

Does anyone have any idea?

JEB said:
My Sat 101 is gone, started about 5 to 6 day ago, initially I though it was the weather, we had a big storm for a few days in a row. I kept getting a message say it could not find the signal. I am still not getting any signal from one satellite

Does anyone have any idea?
Call for a service call you probably have storm damage. :) :) :)

isnt it getting close to that time of year when conjunction occurs?

SOmething else... there are more than 1 sats at 101...

Hey Shadow, by "conjunction" are you talking about sun outages? Its not that time of the year, BUT if it was that or a satellite issue, this board should be FLOODED with outage reports, not just this small few.

charper1 said:
Hey Shadow, by "conjunction" are you talking about sun outages? Its not that time of the year, BUT if it was that or a satellite issue, this board should be FLOODED with outage reports, not just this small few.

i couldnt remember when it was it was either near the paradox's or right between them.. guess its between. But i dont think theyd be flooded... they werent the past 3 or so times since i registered.

The Equinox is either of the two times during a year when the sun crosses the celestial equator and when the length of day and night are approximately equal; the vernal equinox or the autumnal equinox.

Spring is around the 3rd week of March
Fall is around the 3rd week of September

most likely just them aligning the new bird guys.. hey where do you guys live that are losing the signal? Inside or outside the US? If it is on the fringe of the beam DirecTV 8 might have a different footprint and you may no longer be "AS" in it as you were, hence maybe a bigger dish is needed... Just a thought ;)

I have had a bit of an occasional (rare) breakup issue on the 101 with Fox News - never lasts very long, video is "choppy" with "scratchy" audio. My normal signal is 94 on the 101. Noticed it starting approx 3/4 weeks ago.

I was having the same issue. Sometimes it would be out, sometimes it would have a rain effect.

Friday night between about 6:00pm-7:30pm CDT. I lost all signals on 101.

SE Wisconsin if it really matters.

I have not had any other break ups since that night.

I live in eastern Washington State and have been experiencing breakup of the signal from 101 for a couple weeks. Especially the signal from WGN which has gotten worse to the point of almost impossible to watch yesterday. I noted the signal strength for several of the transponders from the Sat are in the 30 range on my HD receiver.

Intermitant outages in Central, TX

I have more than my expected number of outages in Central Texas. The picture becomes pixelated and the receiver pops. We have had storms recently, but they did not seem severe enough to cause this many disruptions of my service.

I am in the DFW area and it looks like I am getting a steady signal now on 101, the only dropouts were when the monsoons hit us this weekend!!! And then, it had to be coming down in buckets before it would go out, held pretty well thru most rain. That is why I like my OTA, though. Still have something to watch during a deluge!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts