DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That includes extra time to get D10 into orbit due to the launch site not being on the equator, longer testing due to spot beam issues, and authorizing issues with some programming. I'll bet it could be live much sooner than expected, within 60 days or so. If there is the extra room that Scobuck says, and his source is a reliable one, there is no reason to use D11 until September.

Thats a good point, they could add more HD channels and you may never know if it's from the D 11 or another sat.

Jimbo

That includes extra time to get D10 into orbit due to the launch site not being on the equator, longer testing due to spot beam issues, and authorizing issues with some programming. I'll bet it could be live much sooner than expected, within 60 days or so. If there is the extra room that Scobuck says, and his source is a reliable one, there is no reason to use D11 until September.

Unless maybe for Sunday Ticket.;)

I have been told by my 'insider' that SW1, SW2, and D10 ALL have space left for additional HD local market additions and that D10 can handle close to 20 additional HD nationals.

Expect some additional HD locals in the next couple of months, and expect some new HD nationals 'soon'.

Educated guess of soon is?????? :D

that could be why they havent maxed out the space on d10 just in case stuff happened to d11

That certainly makes sense, and why they haven't added the few available hd channels yet. Also, they MAY add the legacy hd channels in mpeg4 now. That's my guess, nothing more.

we're suppose to be getting 4 new channels on the 30th, i believe........abc family, disney channel, disney toon and espnnews. they are sked to go live on the 30th, so.....

Thats a good point, they could add more HD channels and you may never know if it's from the D 11 or another sat.

Jimbo

I will be watching the 99 slot slot closely for new hot transponders, if some changes take place we will all know. :)

Thanks according to this its at 12 degrees west. Does anyone know where this is suppost to do its testing at, or is it suppost to do its testing at 99.
=============
I don't know about Direct-11.....DirecTV requested and received a STA
(special temporary authority) to test Direct-10 at a location outside of it's
licensed location, by the FCC, before moving it into it's final position. It is a real
bear to figure out the FCC's website for satellite info.
LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING

What's the deal???

Ok I've been watching the satellite at n2yo.com, earlier today around 4 it had moved almost to it's final altitude at 22671 miles, and was at -122.5 degrees west...it had reached 22603 miles and was at now as of this posting it has dropped to 19000 miles and is at -157.9 degrees west.

It was almost in position off the coast of South America and now is down below Hawaii and dropping like a lead balloon, I understand gravity...but if they are burning to get it into proper orbit and altitude the why does it keep falling back down....isnt that using up a lot of fuel???? lets not even get started on AMC-14 its going up and down like a yo-yo and is circling between the USA and China....good luck with that one Dish...

Anyway anyone have good reason why the sat is moving further toward asia and is dropping???? :confused:

I don't think the satellite is moving like that, I think it is just that web site.

At one point it had AMC14 trying to plummet to the ocean.

Yes, it looks like it's falling now. I see it over east Africa at a little over 7000 miles 12,000 kilometers. Ugh, say it isn't so :(

Now it's a little over 2000 miles/4000 kilometers and sinking fast. Maybe it will skip on the ocean and, like a stone, fly back into orbit :)

Last edited:
Now it's back in the pacific over New Guineau, moving at 6 mph and still dropping - now at 174 miles. By my calculations, if this is true, we should see the d11 in a few hours crashing into the pacific. I just don't think I should believe what I see on the web site. I'm sure by now there would have been press releases, emergency ops, ect... if the sat was truly coming down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)